Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Restrict access to AI chamber cameras
(05-23-2022, 05:21 AM)nefarious6th Wrote: I'm partial to mouse's suggestion lol

In seriousness, versus having to finesse this element or that element here and there for some ultra immaculate meticulous scheme to overcome, I think that's one thing those crusty computers had right; there wasnt a need for extensive mechanical bloat and knowledge for people to engage with the feature, it really was just break in, find your favorite law module, smack PC. At least with the racks, I think the simplicity of "break in, find your favorite law module, smack law rack (welding optional)" is good without having some convoluted "next, we unscrew the cover plate from overtop the CPU, and then we must cut the plate off with our welding tool..."

If there's a way to do something about checking the modules from cams, a cover plate imo is not the way to do it.

Let alone, Wraiths can once again possess the freeform module and use it to subvert AI's.

Though what I like about Lawracks is the fact we can fix Emagged Laws 1-3 without going advanced. Just print new ones.

Since in the old system, resetting the AI didn't always fix Emagged laws.

The rack on the other hand stops constant AI uploads, stops name changes, it shows what laws and modules are added, stops freeform module theft (upload new law, steal freeform to redo it the whole time) and also makes resetting the AI much more complex, but messing with the AI more fun.
Also the rack can be copied to have a second set of AI laws for certain borgs wich is ANOTHER PLUS.

Maybe we should consolidate both versions of the law changes.
1 being the Law Rack but put it in Robotics Core.
The other being the console at AI upload.

The lawrack now has blank modules in them to respond to the AI console modules. So if a freeform law is uploaded, it uploads it to Module 4.

This way you can still have the OLD SYSTEM, but attack it from 2 areas.
You can either reset the laws at the console or replace the laws in the rack at Robotics.

That way we get the best of both worlds.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Restrict access to AI chamber cameras - by Kotlol - 05-23-2022, 07:47 AM