HoS application - Thomas Eastwood
(05-19-2022, 12:04 PM)qhd10 Wrote:
  • Usual character name: Thomas Eastwood
  • BYOND username: QHD10
  • Discord username (if you are on our discord): qhd10
  • Goon servers you play: Goonstation 4, Goonstation 3.
  • Reason for application: I want to extend my helping capabilities and have the right to manage Security without being an aggressive
       and rude HoS member, Also it makes it easier to teach Secassistants and new players
       how to be a great Secoff. Also, I thought it would be fun as it would be a new experience for me. (Also funny clothing)
  • Security experience (300 word minimum): I have started playing SS13 about 3 months ago, first, I became a janitor as it was the easiest role
 to comprehend, then I slowly moved up to Secofff in my first month after I played a total of 30 rounds, at first, I found it scary and was afraid of dying and getting       beaten up by an antag, but after a while,
 I ACTUALLY was having fun, without the fear of dying and fearing antagonists. Then being a Security Officer became a regular thing for me, and I started having         fun enforcing the law and studying it.

From there, i kept having fun and kept on learning more about the station,(mostly about medical and technical stuff) and the roles within it. Eventually, I started playing more complicated roles, like mechanic and roboticist,
but SecOff was by far the most enjoyable role I've ever played. I also met some amazing people while my experience as a Secoff, like Alex and Cara. I've learned so many
things from these experiences, like being respectful to antags, no matter what they have done, and always being polite to staff and antagonists alike. I also learned to keep my
cool in stressful situations, like a clown breaking into AI's core room and implanting numerous modules that drive the AI insane or rogue Command Staff making the AI rogue
and order the AI to kill the Security team or a Staff Assistant murdering someone and stealing their identity and pretend to be them.

Eventually, I started teaching new Secassistants whenever I got the chance to, the feeling of teaching new players was amazing, and I wanted to extend my help to others by
becoming Head of Security since it made teaching new Secassistants easier. Also, I wanted to experience something different and wanted to organize the Security Department
in shifts and supervise them. I have been playing as a Secoff for 1 month and a half, and I think I'm experienced enough to tackle this goal.
  • Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?

I have some advice for new Secoffs:

1. Don't stun suspects for no discernable reason, only stun them if they flee or try to harm others/you.
     2. Prioritise protecting the crew, and not yourself, help out the crew as much as you can.
     3. Do not do field searches, I learned this the hard way, some people just take the suspect's stuff and run away with it.
     4. Always keep your cool.
     5. Be polite to antags, and treat them like actual humans.
     6. You only need a Baton and a Taser, any lethal weaponry isn't necessary most of the time, even if it is necessary, there's the armory for that.
     7. Don't execute antagonists on sight, however, if they are armed you are allowed to shoot back.
     8. Use secmate, it is very useful.
     9. Don't be shy to make mistakes and ask questions!
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)

RD made the AI and the bots rogue and sent them to protect him and the AI, we managed to defeat all the bots
   and reach the AI core, but the AI retracted the bridge that leads to the core, we managed to reach the AI core's room,
   via using an oxygen tank and a spacesuit, there, we hacked the AI core's door and managed to get inside. After we
   got inside, the RD and the HoP was in the core room, we managed to remove the malicious laws, but the RD drew a cylumsaber and attacked us.
   He then teleported into the armory and armed himself, there was an epic standoff between Security and the RD.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    Adding field blood testing kits, so you can easily check someones blood.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.

In a full team, I usually listen to the HoS if we have one, if we don't then I patrol around the station and question suspicious people.
     If I'm the only Secoff then I'm usually cautious and try to help the crew out as much as possible.
  • Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

• Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.

Oh great mime,
   Where have you went?
   Your face,
   It is quite sad,

Oh what have you done
   great little mime,
   because your face
   is quite down.
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?

Mime security, every officer wears a mime outfit and a mime mask and then acts like a mime. Instead of batons, we use baguettes.
  • Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
    I got banned for killing as a nonantag, don't remember when though.

Thanks for your time!   space bear

I remember seeing you off and on in goon 3. Overall, your a pretty good officer. I wouldn't mind having you as HoS.

Overall, your a pretty good officer. I wouldn't mind having you as HoS.

Messages In This Thread
HoS application - Thomas Eastwood - by qhd10 - 05-19-2022, 12:04 PM
RE: HoS application - Thomas Eastwood - by Spefo - 05-19-2022, 02:56 PM
RE: HoS application - Thomas Eastwood - by qhd10 - 05-19-2022, 08:15 PM
RE: HoS application - Thomas Eastwood - by qhd10 - 05-20-2022, 05:55 AM
RE: HoS application - Thomas Eastwood - by Orwell - 06-22-2022, 05:02 AM