AnyAcers [Viktor Grigoras] HoS Application
Usual Character Name: Viktor Grigoras, Aleksei Grigoras, Mason Freling
BYOND Username: AnyAcers
Discord Username: Aces#5033
Recommended by (if applicable): Purple 
Goon servers you play: RP 3 and 4

Reason for application: I'm applying for Head of Security for a few different reasons. In RP, it's my main characters next step in his career. Outside of RP, I want to be HoS as it's a great opportunity for RP, and is a role that puts you into leadership duties, whilst setting an example for not just the officers under you, but for others outside of security. You become the example of how people should act, how people should handle things, etc. It's a role where I want to inspire others but also to help people inside and outside of security. 

Security Experience: 

I've played a fair bit of security since I really started playing on the servers back in late September. My first experience with security was odd, as I didn't know what to do, what I could do, or even where I got anything. I had some fantastic people show me the ropes, and here I am now. I learned all sorts of different things down the road, some of which are just the rules whilst playing as a security officer, to some tips and tricks that not only make my experience easier or better, but can also make others experiences easier or better. As time has gone on I've been able to see how important the radio is to sec, to how to escalate properly with RP scenarios and antags, to even realizing that my actions may ruin another's experience if I handle something in a certain way. To say it's been a walk in the park? No. Learning how to properly play out interrogations, what punishments are necessary, what punishments are considered too lenient for the crime committed, etc. have all been things that took a while to learn. Over these past few months, I've even learned things outside of security that I now apply to my thought process whilst playing as an officer. Things like understanding how it feels when someone runs in and ruins the RP you've been trying to build as an antag. I've learned that while you have to stop antags, you can't always be in the spotlight, and sometimes the person that's an antag has set up a wonderfully crafted scenario that provides fun and enjoyment for all, even if they get arrested, if nobody tries to go extremely hard on them and arrest them with little RP. I think the last bit of experience I've learned with security has been how to deal with the shifts that are overwhelming, shifts where it's constantly from one incident to the next. I've learned that sometimes you can't respond to everything in an efficient manner, or get to every call for sec. I've learned that it's okay, and that as long as you're doing your best that's what matters. You don't have to be some sort of super-savior that will immediately save everyone that calls for security, and that you and others are humans, and have to accept that there's only so much you can do in a short amount of time. That said, I've also seen where others can be stressed during these type of rounds, and if they make a mistake, they're only human. At the end of the day, what matters is that you're trying your best to help, create fun RP environments, and most of all, knowing when you're at your limit and you need to take a minute or two to breathe, relax, and get back out there.

Answer two or more of the following:

Q1 - What advice would you give to other sec players?: 
I think there's two pieces of advice to give to other sec players. One, it's ok to ask questions. Time and time again I've seen people afraid to ask questions about how to do certain things because others may see it as a dumb question. This is something that I cannot stress enough to people, but you should ask questions as there are no dumb questions. I feel that I can speak for others when I say that there are plenty of people willing and ready to help others out if they have a legitimate question about something. Two, I think officers should know that antags can put a lot of work into the RP they set up, and it's very easy for it to unravel and ruin their experience by going too hard as an officer. I've seen officers respond to hostage situations, where the antag wants officers to actively talk to them and negotiate, ruined by an officer that charges in and immediately goes to baton or shoot their taser at the antag. It's not even just the antags RP that can be ruined, but also others actively participating in the RP, such as a bystander or even other officers. 

Q2 - Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
My main differences between my playstyles of alone or part of a full security team are all based upon communication. When part of a security team, a full one, I encourage the use of the radio often, whether it to be status updates on how each person is doing, or what they've ticketed, arrested, or marked for arrest a person for. When alone, I give status updates to the AI and or captain, and making sure they're aware of any issues or if I believe I may be in danger of some sorts. One other thing I do when part of a security team is letting people know that if they need any assistance, they don't need to worry and should ask for assistance. 

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?:

Honestly, the most fun security gimmick I've seen ran is a security awareness day on the station. During my earlier runs of security, the captain and HoS had teamed up to show the crew the different utilities, resources, and methods that security use to make the station safer. I remember so fondly that it was on Kondaru, where a section of the gym was repurposed into a showcase event. I was assigned with showing off what the wave-gun did and it's different functions. It provided a great turn-out for people to come and watch and become aware of the efforts of security, whilst also providing a fun little show and wonderful RP for all those involved and participating!

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
No bans, a spotless record!

Messages In This Thread
AnyAcers [Viktor Grigoras] HoS Application - by AnyAcers - 05-15-2022, 07:30 AM