Shiiba [Lupus Cruller] - Head of Security App
I've played with Lupus (Shiiba) for a good long while now. I've had the joy of watching them start as a sec assistant and grow into a wonderful officer. They are a delight to see on station. They are unfailingly polite, helpful, and generally kind to all they encounter. They also show a willingness to engage in gimmicks, (their own or someone's else's), but also know when it's time to walk away to return to security duties.

When I'm HoS, seeing Lupus on the team always makes me feel a bit more relaxed. I can without a doubt say Lupus is an officer I can 100% rely on to do the right thing. They regularly check in with the team, promptly respond to alerts, and offer gentle but good advice to officers and assistants that have questions. They unfailingly offer to help train the newer officers, and have done such a stellar job at it, that I will sometimes ask them to do so for me when I am unable to, as I know the trainee will be getting good advice and training. Everyone knows HoS can easily become overwhelming, and not once have I ever seen them lose their cool. There have been times I myself have been overwhelmed enough to miss details or forget things, and Lupus is right there with a gentle reminder for me of what I overlooked or forgot about. Lupus also has a strong command of all security tools, from flashes and batons to managing secmate.

Lupus' greatest strength, in my opinion, is their ability to de-escalate. How they approach tense situations, from antagonists to crew disputes, I have personally witnessed them calm down situations just by remaining calm, talking to everyone, and generally finding solutions that please everyone. I can say I also have learned some tricks for de-escalation from Lupus and how they approach things.

All said, Lupus is a model officer and wonderful example to new and veteran officers. I believe them being HoS will lead to great interactions with all players and some great stories being told. Strongest +1 possible from me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shiiba [Lupus Cruller] - Head of Security App - by KingMorshu - 05-12-2022, 03:01 AM