Shiiba [Lupus Cruller] - Head of Security App
Usual character name: Lupus Cruller, Apollyon Baphomet
BYOND username: Shiiba
Discord username (if you are on our discord): bork#5797
Recommended by (if applicable): Merlin1230, Munien, Wrench-1, Telareti, Mr. Moriarty
Goon servers you play: RP 3 & 4

Reason for application: The Head of Security is more than just someone with a funny gun. They're someone who can help and lead a disorganized security department. Someone for security officers, assistants and detectives to approach during a tough situation. A Head of Security can bring a lot to the table in terms of roleplay for officers, antags and crew alike. Above all they're someone who is there to set an example for the rest of the security department; I wish to be that example, to help teach new security members and give them information they can use to grow! 

Security experience (300 word minimum):

I’ve spent a good amount of time in security since the addition of pugs. I used to strictly be a botanist, but security quickly grabbed ahold of my heart much like those funky little plants did. I started off my security journey with being an assistant. I learned a ton of things from many different people. They all provided me with useful information, along with tips and tricks. I learned some neat things, like the fact that a RecordTrak can be used to create a record for a stowaway. I experienced several rounds where I was the only one on security as an assistant, including one on classic that I will never forget. Those rounds were rough but I certainly learned a lot when it came to escalation and inviting the help of others to aid me with situations that I couldn’t handle on my own. I debated for a while moving up to officer  from assistant, but with encouragement from others, I took that leap and joined my first round as an officer. Being in security has really taught me how to roll with the punches, how to escalate situations and handle people. The one thing I really learned is the ability to work with antags to give them and everyone else a good round. I know it can be super unfun to have your round ruined by security taking all of your gear or getting rid of you early on, so knowing how to balance keeping the crew safe but also RP fun is something I’ve picked up on. Brig times, ticketing, fines and interrogation took time to get used to but I’ve gotten to a point where the punishment is based on the actual issue at hand and trusting my gut. Most importantly, I believe my time in security has really allowed me to learn how to better manage stress IC. Rounds can go from 0 to 100 very quick and can quickly become overwhelming. Not only has security taught me stress management, but it’s also helped me learn how to be much more patient with people (like when teaching new assistants) and to adapt to situations as they arise.

Answer two or more of the following:

What advice would you give to other sec players?
It's okay to make mistakes. We're all human here. No one is perfect, don't be ashamed if you make a mistake. Just learn from it and move on! Mistakes are a part of life, I still make them, you will as well and that is perfectly okay.

Ask for help or advice, not everyone knows everything and that’s okay as well. 

Also, don't stress over it. Security can really take a lot out of you. Please take a break, do a different job, or go play a different game if you need to. At the end of the day, it's just a video game you’re playing to have fun, it won't explode into flames if you're not there to be on Security.

What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)

A round that has always stuck with me was very early on when I was still new to security as an assistant. It was an extended round on 3. Viridis was the HoS. The round was very quiet but he kept things entertaining by coming up with a silly plotline that a bunch of banana peels were criminals, we ticketed them, fought the banana peels, brigged them, then as the shuttle arrived we learned the dark truth, Viridis was the ringleader of the banana peel crime lords! That round was so very fun, it's stuck with me since.

What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
It would be great if the Security Records app worked much like the Medtrak Records app did on the medical PDAs! Security should be able to have it selected as a scan to pop someone with it to pull up their records for stowaways, jailbirds and so on! Sometimes it might be hard to find a name or take a minute or two before you find the record (if you’re not standing in front of a PC of course!).

Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.

I often find that when security has a full team I will hang back. There's a full team, no need to respond to every call if there's already officers there or someone is responding. Generally I will often leave a call if there are already two officers there handling it. If we have a full team and things are quiet, I visit departments and see if they need help with anything, not just things related to security. I usually update records for those who have been arrested, brigged, etc. so they can be referred back to later in the round.

When I am the only officer, I personally keep a little notebook with me and write down things that need to be handled. I write them down in the order that they happen, but things do get moved around depending on the importance of whatever the issue may be. I'm definitely more active on comms when solo, and often ask if help is needed anywhere. 

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?

I would absolutely LOVE to do a gimmick where security decides to run a blood drive for vampires! Obviously this would require the cooperation of a lot of different people, but we could get medical involved, the bar for drinks, and the kitchen for cookies and snacks! I think it would be really cute and a fun way to do a vampire round.

Draw a picture!

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
I WAS (accidentally) banned by Walp. I have had a few warnings in the past though.

Posted without my drawing, 10/10 move from me.

:3 Donut and tea!

[Image: pubby.png]

Messages In This Thread
Shiiba [Lupus Cruller] - Head of Security App - by Shiiba - 05-10-2022, 09:55 PM