HoS app. Sian West!!
Rainbow 
Usual character name: Sian West
BYOND username: Shawtylikeamelody
Discord username (if you are on our discord): sian#4191
Recommended by (if applicable): none
Goon servers you play: mostly Heisenbee, sometimes Bombini

Reason for application:
 As you all know being a team leader is really hard and stressful and not a lot of people can take this on themselves. Being HoS is basically the same. I was afraid to apply as i always though i wasn't good enough. Welp, that was not a correct thing to think of! Thinking about the start of my path and where i am now, i can pretty much say i can handle the job of the Head of Security and be a good leader and mentor, always willng to teach new security members, giving them some advice and support other officers and assistants. queen greater domestic space-bee

Security experience (300 word minimum): First time i ever joined as a security member was just a small mistake and i never actually wanted to play as security back in that days. A lot has changed ever since, i got a lot of friends in security and it has become one of my favorite job to play as on goonstation. I do noticed myself that i became better time to time, i had a lot of shifts where i might have messed up a lot, i had a lot of shifts that i did not like, but that does not mean i can not ever have a good time as a security member. It is hard to be an officer as a lot of people simply do not like security members, but i always try to kind and more friendly to people, showing them that i'm not a 'scary shitsec' they might think i am. I do my best to treat antagonists correctly and try to not ruin fun for the crew or the antagonists themselves and even try to play along with their gimmicks. When i was still rather new, i was really afraid to ask other officers for some advice and that was my mistake. Learning how to do job alobe was kinda hard for me, so glad i got some friends that could help me out in the situations! Another mistake i made in the time i played as a security member was trying to work alone, which was not really that smart thing to do. When i got in situations i could not possibly deal with, i still tried to do it all by myself. Security is not really a solo experience, it is really based on the team work and if they have a good leader. After all the things i came through and after all mistakes i might have done, i think i have enough experience to try myself out as a HoS. bee
Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    Please, pleaseee don't forget about team work. If you need an advice or you are in a difficult situations, you can always ask other officers to help you out! As i said before, one of mistakes i have done was never asking for advice and trying to do things myself, which you should not really try and it will only make things harder for you. And one of the things, if there are no officers to help you out in the situations DO NOT be afraid to ask the crew. Simple non-security members have saved me from danger a lot of times.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    Being an officer is hard by itself and it's even harder when you are the only one. If on full security team i share a lot of information mostly only with security members and deal with problems in a group of officers, if i'm alone i try to tell crew about the dangers we might have on station, as i do not really have anyone i know i can trust. Crew DOES help me a lot when i'm alone, even if it's just a small info about bad guy's location.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

[*]What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    One of the gimmicks that are the most related to security was probably as a mindslaved officer given order to 'do anything' make a small hidden!! shop where i could sell contraband i had in my pocket whole time took from the contra locker and even sell some security equipment. Batons and shotguns for everyone!!  Boogiebot

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

I think i did not have any Sleeping bee

Thanks for reviewing my application!! bee bee bee bee

Messages In This Thread
HoS app. Sian West!! - by DummySian - 05-09-2022, 04:50 AM
RE: HoS app. Sian West!! - by Reaper90202 - 05-09-2022, 05:01 AM
RE: HoS app. Sian West!! - by Tommy_211 - 05-09-2022, 07:37 AM
RE: HoS app. Sian West!! - by nefarious6th - 05-09-2022, 07:25 PM
RE: HoS app. Sian West!! - by aloe - 05-09-2022, 11:12 PM
RE: HoS app. Sian West!! - by Shmiggy - 05-10-2022, 06:09 AM
RE: HoS app. Sian West!! - by Santa Shy - 05-11-2022, 10:18 AM
RE: HoS app. Sian West!! - by Chayot - 05-13-2022, 10:27 PM
RE: HoS app. Sian West!! - by Nidabutt - 05-20-2022, 02:45 AM