Mentor Application - AnguishedEnglish (Whitney Stingray/M.A.I.D.)
Usual character name: Whitney Stingray
BYOND username: AnguishedEnglish
Discord username (if you are on our discord): AnguishedEnglish
Recommended by (if applicable): A few friends who believe in me (You know who you are!)
Goon servers you play: Goon 3 Morty and Goon 4 Sylvester

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): Ever since I joined the Goonstation branch of Space Station 13 two years ago (At the time of this application being written), I’ve taken great pride in every little thing I do, no matter what job it was I was assigned to.  I’ve always enjoyed helping others when asked and I’d sometimes go out of my way to offer help when needed.  Like most people, I started as a Janitor, slowly learning the controls and how to clean messes and respond to the radio in a calm and orderly manner.  I then worked up to Medical Doctor, learning about all the different medicines and chemicals and how they react when applied in different ways.  I even tried my hands at many other jobs, like Security Officer and Detective, learning how to keep a level head under pressure and how to communicate with others without sounding too demanding and commanding.  Even when I’ve played Command roles, like Medical Director, Captain and even the Artificial Intelligence, I would do everything in my power to keep control of a situation and help when needed.  I have a ton of experience with this game, and I am very eager to share my knowledge with anyone who is willing to ask.  My entry into mentorship has been colored somewhat by earlier events, but over the years this game and its community have been slowly molding me into a better person.  Some people may think of me differently and I wouldn’t hold it against them, but I mean what I say when I say that I am very approachable and very patient when assisting others.  I find it a great privilege to be a part of this wonderful community and to know so many amazing people who helped me along the way.  Now I want to share my knowledge with new players, the same way many others have in the past.  I honestly hope that by becoming a mentor, I not only help others, but that I also help myself become a better person and a better community member.  I’m not a perfect person, nobody is by any means, but opportunities like this are, in my opinion, way we can improve ourselves, both mentally and emotionally, maybe even physically as well.  At the end of the day, helping others is its own reward and no matter the obstacles we may face, there is always someone out there who is willing to offer a helping hand.

I guess that’s all I have to say, thank you so much for taking the time to read my application!

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): 
First was a temporary ban for spraying an officer with a bottle full of phlog, I believe it was.
Second ban was an antag ban for killing myself after getting mindslaved.
Third ban was a permeate ban for ERP related activities.

Messages In This Thread
Mentor Application - AnguishedEnglish (Whitney Stingray/M.A.I.D.) - by AnguishedEnglish - 05-07-2022, 05:41 PM