Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[CLOSED PR] Adds A Wraith Fighting Kit
Overall I very much like this, the counter to wraith that isnt salt would be great. I think the rough concept is good too, a gun thats obtainable that shoots wraith in order to weaken it. However I think some of the specifics could go with improving.

On the mechanical side of things overall I think its okay. It using ectoplasm as ammo seems really odd, the only way to keep having ammo is to not run out of ammo so you can shoot things for more ammo or know of a specific discount dans drink which is new player unfriendly. I think itd be much better if it used energy as ammo or had a unique energy refueling mechanic instead of ectoplasm (idk something like needing to shock it with something like a defib or baton to charge it, would be weird if it was just a gun but works better for backpack idea later). I think a wraith should always know who has this item, so something like requiring a specific backpack to be worn to use it may be good, if you dont know how to code this look at syndie flamer code, its surprisingly easy (but may be too much ghost busters esc). I think instead of a single shot setup, something like full auto or a charge up shot would be much more fitting and make the item feel more unique.

On the thematic side of things however, I think there's a lot of improvement to go. The ecto blaster being given to security (fine with current for azones and the like) is too magicky, and I feel like the gun that sec should have should aim more towards "magic" (clarkes law and all that) disguised as science. I think the gun could go with a more cooler experimental sciencey name, a neat acronym like P.S.Y.C.H.E. could be good. Description would be best as buzz words galore describing how its specially calibrated to destabilize aggressively remaining spectral existences (ARSE for short) and lesser quantum conscious remnants. Look wise lots of metals, blinking lights etc.

I think on how it should be obtained, chaplain already has a lot of stuff to do to hunt valids and giving them more stuff in that regard seems meh. I feel like the best way would be make it more available then less. Especially in a classic round its really easy for a single item to be lost, and only one failsafe seems bad. Have it start roundstart in sec locked, similar to flamer crates. Its mechscannable, however requires expensive mats. Its gettable from cargo, however decently expensive (50K or so) youd need to balance effectiveness accordingly but yeah.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Adds A Wraith Fighting Kit - by Sbmhawk - 04-20-2022, 04:00 PM
RE: [PR] Adds A Wraith Fighting Kit - by Yellow - 04-20-2022, 04:29 PM
RE: [PR] Adds A Wraith Fighting Kit - by KikiMofo - 04-24-2022, 01:47 PM
RE: [PR] Adds A Wraith Fighting Kit - by Rmeaper - 04-25-2022, 11:36 AM
RE: [PR] Adds A Wraith Fighting Kit - by Kotlol - 04-25-2022, 12:39 PM
RE: [PR] Adds A Wraith Fighting Kit - by kyle2143 - 04-25-2022, 02:42 PM
RE: [PR] Adds A Wraith Fighting Kit - by Ikea - 04-25-2022, 03:55 PM
RE: [PR] Adds A Wraith Fighting Kit - by Kotlol - 04-26-2022, 06:35 AM
RE: [PR] Adds A Wraith Fighting Kit - by Ikea - 04-26-2022, 11:21 AM