Mentor Application: AlphaFlamingo22
Usual character name: Raja Agarwal
BYOND username: AlphaFlamingo22
Discord username (if you are on our discord):

Recommended by (if applicable): none
Goon servers you play: Goon 1 

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): The reason why I'm applying is because I feel that I have enough knowledge of this game to teach anyone more than the basics of any job (sec, mech, etc.) I have been playing for a full year now and throughout that year I have actually spent multiple shifts just teaching people, and showing the ropes, which I have done countless times as a doctor. I do not mind spending my entire shift teaching people, in fact I remember teaching someone from the start of the sift to the very end, even missing the shuttle. While I wouldn't call my self an expert at everything, I think I could help a lot on the goon 1 server, especially with the recent influx of new players. I think I would also enjoy being a mentor, because I have always enjoyed teaching people, it's really cool seeing them get better in the game that I've spent so many hours, and late night playing. I always assure that the people that ask for help in game actually understand what I'm saying instead of them saying "uh huh" and then forgetting it a minute later because they didn't have prior knowledge. I hope that being a mentor does not mean I know everything to the game, because often times, I am new to a concept, I.e. Packets, I spent around 3 shifts trying to hack a sec locker not understanding how to do it, and I asked a mentor, and almost right away they told me exactly what I was doing wrong, and it was definitely humbling, yet fun to know that I still have so much to learn and do in this game. So to summarize, I have a year on goon 1, I have more than 300 hours on this server, and I think I would be a good addition to the server with my almost 400 hours on this server, with my primary knowledge being in: sec, sci, med, and mech.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): I've gotten banned 2 times, the first time I was a borg and there was a law that sounded like I could do anything I want, so I did some bad things and I got banned but, it was reduced to 10 minutes from an hour. The other one was from me saying the R word at like 3am, (that was my first time slipping like that on this server, I am sorry.)

Messages In This Thread
Mentor Application: AlphaFlamingo22 - by AlphaFlamingo - 04-17-2022, 07:32 PM