Bob Guy HoS Application
Photo 
Usual character name: Bob Guy
BYOND username: Reaper90202
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Craftsdwarf
Recommended by (if applicable): None
Goon servers you play: Goon2, occasionally Goon1

Reason for application: I would like to increase my ability to help out around and manage the security team, without being a super-aggressive security guard that bosses everybody around. Nobody wants to be that guy (hopefully). The HoS seems to be a very clear authority role of the team, and has a variety of tools to help. TL;DR I think it’d be way easier to teach, manage, and help out as the HoS. Also, funny beret.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
I’ve played security for around two months now, only after learning every other department and deciding Security is by far my favorite (botany is my second favorite). I love working with the team, and try to be as transparent as possible. One of my favorite methods is the “State Patrols” method. I encourage my fellow officers to tell where they’re patrolling, and if anyone is detected. Whenever all the officers comply, rounds tend to be very organized and alot less casualties on the security team. I also enjoy doing radio checks to see if everybody is alive. I generally tend to employ all sorts of things to aid organization, making sure everybody is calm and at their best, and most importantly teaching people. I’ve brought many newbies with me on patrols, and tought a few people how to use the horrid arrest tagging machine. I try not to give people the death penalty unless it’s absolutely necessary. My current communication policy is to, unless necessary, not use aggressive speech by any means. Being aggressive will only agitate and cause more problems for both sides. Furthermore, i’ll usually try to correct officers who are assaulting instead of arresting. If they don’t respond, i will arrest the person myself. I have had an experience where they continued to attack the person, and i stunned the officer and left. I probably could’ve handled that better. I am always open to criticism and learning, as is my way. I’ll try not to slow the round, such as if an antagonist just isn’t having a round go their way, i may confiscate their gear and release them back into the wild after the legal brig time. Honesty is the best policy. I tend to ask advice from other, more experienced HoS’s and officers first, which is also how i overcame the stress of applying for this. If i do get the beret, i hope to continue this, and lead my security teams with organization and honesty.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    Don’t assault civilians, use proper brig times, being unrobust isn’t the end of the world, place your disks on the table, and (most importantly) communicate and watch communications.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    Ser Knight, a very recent time, was a generally fun person to be around, speaking in old english and being funny. I aspire to have a personality like them, but unfortunately i lack much of a gimmick at all. I hope to improve in this area.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    Not dropping 2-handed guns when you try to equip them with a hand full. It’s very frustrating for people with bad reflexes or generally unrobust officers.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    When in a full team, i tend to patrol and help manage the comms with patrols and tips. As a lone officer, i tend to help out in general and rapidly respond to calls. I also carry around a medkit when alone, in case i need to heal (or heal someone) on the go.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

[*]What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
Agent Mime, a mime recruited into security. The man who speaks in hands (and batons). I caught a few antagonists that way

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

thank you for encouraging me to apply, people on the discord!  bee

Messages In This Thread
Bob Guy HoS Application - by Reaper90202 - 04-14-2022, 05:40 PM
RE: Bob Guy HoS Application - by SenExus - 04-15-2022, 01:49 PM
RE: Bob Guy HoS Application - by mralexs - 04-19-2022, 12:29 PM
RE: Bob Guy HoS Application - by nut_ai - 04-19-2022, 02:55 PM
RE: Bob Guy HoS Application - by Wrill - 04-19-2022, 03:22 PM
RE: Bob Guy HoS Application - by Tommy_211 - 04-19-2022, 03:31 PM
RE: Bob Guy HoS Application - by nut_ai - 04-19-2022, 03:34 PM
RE: Bob Guy HoS Application - by Reaper90202 - 04-19-2022, 03:54 PM
RE: Bob Guy HoS Application - by Hard Boiled - 04-20-2022, 05:04 PM
RE: Bob Guy HoS Application - by AlphaFlamingo - 04-20-2022, 06:41 PM