Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Buff flash/cell assembly
in retrospect im realizing that i cannot properly get my points across in this format, at least not in any reasonable time, so i will refrain from adding much else. i will put some of the more basic thoughts that i have though

- having to hit them 4 times is pretty hard. officers get batons which are twice as efficient and dont disappear on use + tasers which give them a massive range advantage. also they can just radio + pda alert and have all of sec on you in seconds

- if this did get added flashcell size should probably be increased to prevent people carrying a ton on them

- most of the strength of the flash is probably the disorient and not the stun since the disorient makes it far easier to land successive hits so you could probably just remove that if they have flashprot. this would make it incredibly difficult to stun anyone through flashprot

- antags have a million tools at their disposal to not get owned by something like this. the type of person who would go out of their way to hold 4 flashcells just to maybe stun an antag probably wont even bother since there are far better tools to powergame klilling antags with. ops are surrounded by teammates most of the time and have weapons that crit in seconds. vamps have literal stun cancellation lol, lings have neurosting and morph arm which both trump flashcells pretty hard, and at the end of the day antags are crew as well and can make the assemblies as easy as any normal crew can, aside from access

- the one point i will truly concede is that stamina is pretty fluid and being able to stun in 4 hits isnt definitive- most likely you'd be stunning in less since they are spending stamina sprinting and maybe attacking you. on this i think having it be 5 hits instead would probably be a better balance. also i guess it's a stronger stun than most stamina stuns (15 or 30 seconds typically)
actually i just realized that if you remove disorient and make it take 5 hits (which would imply that it takes away 40 stamina per hit) then flashcells are literally worse than just oxytanking someone in terms of stamina drain, with the only benefits being a longer stun and no stamina drain on the user. not that its inherently a bad thing though maybe thats what it needs to be balanced

anyways thats most of what i have for my idea but the true point of the post still stands, that being that it'd be nice if they did more than what they currently did. maybe they could have something special when you use the AoE, like igniting anyone nearby? you could probably also up the scaling on them maybe so that having higher tier power cells actually does something (to my knowledge the strength caps at like 5000 power lol)

Messages In This Thread
Buff flash/cell assembly - by Kotomata - 04-07-2022, 01:38 PM
RE: Buff flash/cell assembly - by unfunnyperson - 04-08-2022, 05:22 AM
RE: Buff flash/cell assembly - by KikiMofo - 04-08-2022, 09:03 AM
RE: Buff flash/cell assembly - by Yellow - 04-08-2022, 06:56 PM
RE: Buff flash/cell assembly - by Frank_Stein - 04-09-2022, 11:25 PM
RE: Buff flash/cell assembly - by DioChasek - 04-10-2022, 07:59 AM
RE: Buff flash/cell assembly - by Kotomata - 04-08-2022, 02:50 PM
RE: Buff flash/cell assembly - by RGBDeadSilent - 04-09-2022, 02:02 AM
RE: Buff flash/cell assembly - by mralexs - 04-09-2022, 12:38 PM
RE: Buff flash/cell assembly - by KikiMofo - 04-10-2022, 10:04 AM