Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Buff flash/cell assembly
i haven't seen much use of the flash/cell assembly barring the occasion where a surplus crate spawns a box of them in. i can't even remember the last time i have seen myself or anyone else make one. while i don't think it needs to be buffed to any major degree (it's actually not that bad from testing, 2 of them will blind and 30s stun someone without flash protection) i do think it could get some extra functionality.

my foremost idea would be letting it flash through flash protection; rushing it is super common because 1. it's easy (welderhats, various sunglasses spawns, sechuds in lockers, polarized cybereye) and 2. it's extremely beneficial: antags like revs or vampires get completely shut down by flash prot, and other antags that might want to use flashes to stun might as well not bother. it's possible that this might be a bit too powerful, but it's certainly possible to balance through having 100% protection lower the stamina drain by a large amount. without eye protection flash/cell assemblies take 2 hits to actually stun, dealing 140 stamina maximum (to my knowledge), so nerfing it down to needing 3 or 4 hits if they have full protection could work to balance it out.

the main thing though is revs: being able to flash through flashprot would help revs get off the ground quite a bit, and again, since flash/cells are single use, you'd be spending quite a bit of effort to convert 1 person. my personal opinion is that crew being able to print a welding mask at any general fabricator to become untouchable by revheads is kind of lame, and giving revheads a way to counter it would be nice.

with all of that said I don't think this is necessarily the ONLY way to buff them, though i do think it is the best way. if anyone has suggestions i am open to them

Messages In This Thread
Buff flash/cell assembly - by Kotomata - 04-07-2022, 01:38 PM
RE: Buff flash/cell assembly - by unfunnyperson - 04-08-2022, 05:22 AM
RE: Buff flash/cell assembly - by KikiMofo - 04-08-2022, 09:03 AM
RE: Buff flash/cell assembly - by Yellow - 04-08-2022, 06:56 PM
RE: Buff flash/cell assembly - by Frank_Stein - 04-09-2022, 11:25 PM
RE: Buff flash/cell assembly - by DioChasek - 04-10-2022, 07:59 AM
RE: Buff flash/cell assembly - by Kotomata - 04-08-2022, 02:50 PM
RE: Buff flash/cell assembly - by RGBDeadSilent - 04-09-2022, 02:02 AM
RE: Buff flash/cell assembly - by mralexs - 04-09-2022, 12:38 PM
RE: Buff flash/cell assembly - by KikiMofo - 04-10-2022, 10:04 AM