Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hairdressing is hard, because RNG.
Right, so I've taken up hairdressing during shifts, and I have this problem where I am in constant, unending pain.

Here's the mechanics. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three layers of hair you can cut: Top, Middle, and Bottom.

Your goal as a hairdresser is to harmonize the layers, put them in order, choose the styles, and make things look nice.

Whenever you attempt to modify a single layer, one of four things will randomly happen:

1. It will change the hair layer to your chosen style (This is good!)

2. It will change a random hair layer to a random style (Not so good)

3. It will shave off all hair on the player and make a wig (Well this is terrible but at least you have something for it)

4. It will shave off all hair on the player, you get no wig (Yikes)

Here's my issues.

My big issue with this is that I am consistently getting the bad options. I want to make people happy, and do cool hair things, but almost every shift I will run out of hairgrownium pills because of RNG.

Options 3 and 4 are way too common. 
If you get them you have lost all your progress with the hair layers, and are forced to either accept your losses, or waste a hairgrownium pill and then take the risk on losing all of your progress for a second time if you wish to re-modify things.

Option 2 is better, but still quite painful. 
It messes with one of the hair layers randomly, thus forcing you to roll another RNG check with the high possibility of losing all your progress (and hair) again. This is torture.

So here's the suggestions. 
More hairgrownium pills in barber shops would be fantastic. 

Barber shops could have water coolers which are filled with hairgrownium.

Maybe Cargo could buy barber restock crates filled with wigs and a single bottle of hairgrowth pills.

Hairdressing RNG could be rebalanced, which may or may not solve all the issues.

Barber clothing could give a bonus which helps reduce the chance of scalping people.

Maybe cleanliness of tools could come into play; If your tools are clean you won't scalp people, if they aren't you have a chance of doing so.

If you have any other ideas post them below

Messages In This Thread
Hairdressing is hard, because RNG. - by Washbasin - 04-04-2022, 03:34 PM
RE: Hairdressing is hard, because RNG. - by aloe - 04-04-2022, 04:55 PM
RE: Hairdressing is hard, because RNG. - by Cal - 04-04-2022, 05:53 PM
RE: Hairdressing is hard, because RNG. - by aloe - 04-14-2022, 10:48 PM