Mentor Application - Shakey Jimson (Themaverickmikhail)
Usual character name: Shakey Jimson
BYOND username: Themaverickmikhail
Discord username (if you are on our discord): oh god it hurts so much ow#1226
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: Goon 1, 3, and a bit of 2.

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):  I've been playing Goon for a decent amount of time now, and I realized a few days ago that I really enjoy helping new players learn about this AMAZING game. While I'm aware that's a relatively generic reason why, I think I'm up to it. I wouldn't mind getting being notified every time that someone submits a mentorhelp, either, and I am good at not responding with insults to questions that I would normally consider common sense. While I don't play one job consistently,  I have a very good grasp on the game's mechanics, and I enjoy tinkering with stuff I don't fully understand, i.e. wiring or packet hacking. I think that I could be a good resource on many things, ranging from how to pull objects to telling people how to run the engine. I've decided that I should go over how competent I am in every department. In civilian jobs, I generally do well, however, I don't do them often. I understand many aspects of botany, and I can mix drinks as a bartender. In the engineering department, Mechanic is my favorite job in the game, and I am good at repairing station infrastructure along with the engineers. I am good at playing Quartermaster, I understand how to fulfill requests in a timely manner, and I am good at ,making a profit. I never play Engineer, but I do understand how to run the engine in a basic manner due to my experience in test servers. My second favorite engineering job is Miner, as I enjoy matsci and, of course, making a lot of money. Medical is probably my weakest department, but I understand appropriate treatments for wounds and am good at surgery, though my character is hemophilic so I can't usually do self surgery. I enjoy Roboticist and Geneticist, and I understand things such as the clone scanner. The Research department is one of my favorites due to Scientist being a job. I am good at operating chemistry equipment, however I am not good at artsci, which utterly confuses me, though I am willing to learn about it. Security is a very mixed bag for me, as while I do consider myself a good Security Officer due to my application of Space Law, dealing with threats nonlethally, and of course RP, I don't fully understand Detective and the tools available to them. Lastly, I am good at playing Command roles, as I can generally understand that other player's experience is just as important as mine, and I understand that acting like a space tyrant is absolutely no fun for anyone.  I don't play any silicon roles, though I generally do just fine if I get borged as I understand my laws and how they apply to the game. All in all, I apologize if this appears as an absolute wall of text. I don't fully expect this to get accepted, however I do hope that I am at least considered, and if the application gets rejected I would like to know why so I can grow as a player and a person.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): Banned once from the Discord for getting hacked, which caused my account to spam phishing links.

Messages In This Thread
Mentor Application - Shakey Jimson (Themaverickmikhail) - by pkfiremain710 - 03-26-2022, 03:22 PM