Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remove the ammo limit from the 40mm assault pod weapon
(03-14-2022, 07:19 AM)Love Wrote: It SHOULD get shat on by every other pod. If it could just snipe off everything that came at it, it would lack even that counterplay. Or else every HoP or person who steals the Captain's spare would have an invincible superweapon after a few clicks on a bank console to steal the shipping budget.

But other pods have to be where it is, and space is big. And you don't have some psychic knowledge of where the pod is, or will be. When it attacks, it still takes time for people to report it, and for people to respond. Nor is there any reason this theoretical infinite rocket pod can't be the Stelka nerd. Or be a gold pod, able to outrun people in a stern chase.

Through the magic of turning the pod around in the other direction and flying away instead of stupidly hanging around, you've done something where 95% of the station can't follow you. And where once you're off the screen, nobody will find you. Because space big, and you can warp around with wormholes. And then you can fly somewhere else and repeat while they're looking for you at the last attack. Rince and repeat. Over and over. Forever. With your armored, scylar nila'ing, infinite MPRT machine.

Sure, in some scenario where the entire station is mobilized, and ten pod nerds and circling the station, so you're bound to run into one, and people are mech-scanning jetpacks, you're boned. But... I mean, you should be. Anyone, ever, playing any antag, with anything, should be boned in that situation.

We don't give traitors bags of infinite grenades, or nukies infinite rocket launchers. And they're a lot more vulnerable and killable than a pod flying around the exterior of the station, darting in to blow the walls off.

Also if you want to be a loud explosive traitor. Goon ain't the place for that.
Let alone every griever will try to pull this stunt as it's not a traitor only thing I believe.

Again if you want to go this route, make it count. That's what it's for. It's suppose to be hard and surprising.

The point of this thing is: "When I do it, people will kill me in a fight."

Uuh yea.. so is carrying a cannister bomb and holding it out in the open as your ONLY weapon.
You want to do this? Go for it. But people will response fiercely thus you gotta rely on other weapons.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remove the ammo limit from the 40mm assault pod weapon - by Kotlol - 03-14-2022, 08:44 AM