Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remove the ammo limit from the 40mm assault pod weapon
(03-14-2022, 01:24 AM)Love Wrote: They both sound utterly miserable and unfun.

Mass death and annoyance with no realistic counterplay or interaction beyond hoping they get cocky and try to fight you. Because otherwise you'll never find them or run into them.

Silent bomber, and silent weapon-pod-nerd are already the two most annoying things. I don't see the benefit in combining them.

Have you piloted or fought 40mm pod often? I refer back to point B in the main post : a 40mm pod will absolutely get shat on by most pods and should not be compared to a strelka nerd or scout laser/shotgun pod.

even by the virtue of AoE friendly firing itself, which happens a ton.

My suggestion doesn't involve changing the above things that kill it - there's already plenty of counterplay even if the 40mm had UNLIMITED ammo.

(03-14-2022, 01:24 AM)Love Wrote: Pods with unlimited hull-breaching explosives just means you'll have some jerk flying around in a tricked out pod blowing holes in the station and fleeing into space/jumping out without any particular hope to do anything about it. Because there's no such thing as radar, and you'll never find them if they put any effort at all into never being caught.

Pods/subs have radars you can use to track other pods/humans etc with though?
You are seriously overestimating a pod's ability to get away - the more armor a pod has, the slower it is. it also slows down significantly from doing turns/etc, something which jetpacked folks do not suffer.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remove the ammo limit from the 40mm assault pod weapon - by Zafhset - 03-14-2022, 01:57 AM