Myth Riker, HoS Application
-1 From me.

Today I'v had a really poor experience with you that unfortunately kinda represents the issues stopping you from becoming HoS. To be a good leader you really need to be able to just sit back and let the ups and downs flow over the team. Does someone make a mistake? Do your best to teach them what they've done wrong and more importantly how to correct their mistakes. Today we had an incident where you didn't believe I took a situation in the robust way you thought it should have been and kinda flamed me for it. If it wasn't me instantly going to tasers/stun sticks after having a non-compliant crew member it was for my choice of weapon. Though I wasn't super appropriate in how I attempted to talk to you after you didn't really show me that you had any intention of hearing out anything I had to say by choosing to walk away while i'm talking to you. I'm not saying you need to sit there and listen to people be mad at you but you really just gotta pick sit there and squash it or move on and forget about it. Letting disagreement linger on the tip of your tongue and slip out in passive-aggressive bursts only propagates people's anger towards one another and overall isn't a healthy way to play the videogame with your friends. THOUGH in the following round you did present yourself in a much better way and I seriously can't say you didn't! I thought it was going to be back to bickering and lightly nipping at one another and it was a pleasant surprise that we were able to work together for a short while before I had to leave.. Though I have played with you a few times and this hasn't been the case.

You seem to have this energy about you that reminds me of the people who only play rogues in DND, you sit back and watch everything unfold in front of you but only really seem to step in when it seems beneficial for you. Sec did a really good job? Step up and talk about how you did really well and were a hero. Sec did bad? Passive-aggressively talk to the crew about how you dislike the security team or just generally float around with a negative attitude. To me this is honestly the biggest thing holding you back. 

Jocko Willink (bald navy seal guy you see in all the youtube videos) says that the leader serves the group, not the other way around, and if done correctly it's as if you were never even calling the shots. The only apparent time someone has been given orders to do something is when stuff is FUBAR.  Being able to shrug off the blows from the failure of your team is ESSENTIAL for people to follow behind (or in front if its the time and place!) you! When you have people under pressure that are under you, you really gotta show them that they are allowed to learn around you, and that means making mistakes. Why would I think you are someone I should listen to if the moment crap hits the fan you're gonna fade off into the shadows and act as if you weren't a factor! A leader needs to be an anchor that the team can rely on at all times no matter how rough the tide gets, when push comes to shove you stand up and be the big strong guy you gotta be. But when things are calm you gotta sink back into the reef and let the ocean do what it do. As stated by the others above and myself you don't really have that quality and it's really detrimental to your potential as an applicant in my eyes.

Messages In This Thread
Myth Riker, HoS Application - by JackTrysGames - 02-19-2022, 03:11 PM
RE: Myth Riker, HoS Application - by Merlin1230 - 02-19-2022, 03:16 PM
RE: Myth Riker, HoS Application - by Waffleloffle - 02-19-2022, 03:26 PM
RE: Myth Riker, HoS Application - by nefarious6th - 02-19-2022, 03:34 PM
RE: Myth Riker, HoS Application - by Leeanei - 02-19-2022, 06:18 PM
RE: Myth Riker, HoS Application - by Cal - 02-24-2022, 10:15 AM
RE: Myth Riker, HoS Application - by walpvrgis - 02-24-2022, 07:46 PM
RE: Myth Riker, HoS Application - by Drewmajor11 - 02-25-2022, 03:22 PM
RE: Myth Riker, HoS Application - by KingMorshu - 02-26-2022, 09:44 AM
RE: Myth Riker, HoS Application - by Bigbro175 - 03-02-2022, 10:59 AM
RE: Myth Riker, HoS Application - by Shiiba - 03-02-2022, 12:28 PM