Complaint Unknown admin, unknown server, unknown time
(02-17-2022, 03:07 AM)Deadvickyart Wrote: This is still about the code because I was told this was a necessary step to get my changes put forward. If you're angry that this thread exists at all, blame the person who told me to make it.

Hi, this was my comment on your PR -

Quote:Besides the fact that your PR is purposefully worded in a very inflammatory way, could you explain what you mean by "an admin sexually harassed them using these traits" in an admin feedback thread or ahelp? Sexual harassment is a very serious issue and we should investigate and address claims of it properly rather than making a PR on Github and briefly mentioning it there.

Nowhere did I say that making an admin feedback thread was a prerequisite for getting your PR merged. In fact, your PR had already been closed by the time I made this comment. I made this comment because, again, sexual harassment is a very serious issue and should be investigated and addressed properly.

Echoing what other admins have already said; the thing that enables someone to sexually harass others would be their access to the community, not a cat mutation and some accent mutations. Removing the mutations does not resolve the issue of sexual harassment. 

(02-17-2022, 03:07 AM)Deadvickyart Wrote: And I just want to reiterate, I don't feel comfortable revealing my friend's identity because with all this fire-and-brimestone shit about how THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES, I just don't expect you guys will use the info in good faith.

If an admin sexually harassed someone, there absolutely should be consequences. Sexual harassment isn’t something we can just wave off; it should be addressed and dealt with to the fullest extent, especially if it was an admin (someone in a position of power and authority in the community) doing it.

Making a claim that an admin sexually harassed a player and refusing to give any further information that would help us investigate and address this issue leaves us at an impasse. We literally do not know which admin you’re talking about and we have no context for when or how the alleged harassment occurred. 

You say that an admin sexually harassed your friend, but you will not provide any of the following: the name of the admin, a timeframe for when this incident occurred, which server it happened on, any context or details on the sexual harassment, or any logs of what had happened. Your priority still seems to be removing some mutations you view as “ERP” rather than dealing with the person you say sexually harassed your friend. I hope you can understand why this is concerning and why we keep asking for more details - this lack of information means we are unable to do anything about the alleged sexual harasser (as we have terabytes of logs and no direction as to which ones to investigate) and are therefore basically enabling their behavior.

(02-17-2022, 12:32 AM)walpvrgis Wrote: If you and/or your friend are uncomfortable discussing this in public, would one of you be willing to ahelp or use the ]report or ]reportanon on Discord (DM MedicalAssistant#2828 to get started)? This is so we can get more details, such as an approximate timeframe for when this happened, and which server this was on.

I urge you to do this if you're uncomfortable discussing this in public.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unknown admin, unknown server, unknown time - by Flourish - 02-17-2022, 06:25 PM