Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[CLOSED PR] Traitors now get 25 TC - Buylist items are scaled to match
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[Balance] [Input Wanted]
About the PR
This PR increases the TC count for traitors to 25 from 12, but also scales the cost of all traitor items to be about equivalent to what they were before.

The only mechanical additions/features that have been added are:

- Microbombs now have an average of 1.1 explosion power (`prob(90) ? 1 : 2`), down from 2.25 (`prob(25) ? 3 : 2`), to account for them still sticking at 1 TC
- Macrobombs now roll the microbomb chance a number of times equal to its cost in TC (25), instead of using its own strange math
- You can now buy TC from uplinks in stacks of 5 as well
- Traitors do get the equivalent of 0.5 extra TC (12 -> 25 instead of 12 -> 24)

Why's this needed?

This change may not do much immediately in this PR, but I fully intend to make a future PR regarding balance and cost of the items, but here's some reasons why this is a good change in the long term:

- Currently, items that cost the same can be hard to stand out. For instance, take the Agent Card (1 TC) and the Chameleon Jumpsuit (1 TC). The agent card is miles better and more worth the TC than the jumpsuit, but you can't make the jumpsuit picked more by making it cheaper, it's already as cheap as can be, and you can't increase the agent card's price _at all_ without knocking it from costing 1/12th your TC to 1/6th, which is a massive jump in terms of TC breakpoints.
- In a future PR, I plan to increase/decrease the price of some items, bringing their cost to what would properly reflect their effectiveness, something that in some cases is undoable with how underinflated our TC are.
- It may lead the way to future content that could potentially give traitors a small amount of extra TC, which giving even _1_ more to traitors currently would upend a lot of balance decisions.

Why not rebalance the item's costs in this PR?
I'd like to get the go-ahead on the concept first before making actual balance changes, in addition to atomization concerns.

Edit: Here's a document I threw together, which increases/decreases the cost of certain items by 1, [here](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a_fG...sp=sharing).
Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Zonespace
(*)Traitors now get 25 TC, but their uplink item costs have been scaled to match this increase.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS

Messages In This Thread
[CLOSED PR] Traitors now get 25 TC - Buylist items are scaled to match - by github_bot - 01-18-2022, 06:40 PM