HoS Application - NanoDano, The Awakening
Usual character name: Used to be Jerry Gaster, Now Pug Squire
BYOND username: NanoDano
Discord username (if you are on our discord): MysticFlower
Recommended by (if applicable):N/A
Goon servers you play: Mostly goon1 and goon3rp

Reason for application: I've seen what its like with a team of new or uncooperative secoffs, so with enough knowledge and enough time played(i think), I figured I'd give it a shot. I spend a lot of time playing mostly AI and secoff so that should give me fairly good knowledge of the maps, and i have played with and gotten to know some of the HoS's that play, Ruben, Virdis, Duke, Harrison, etc. They have helped me a lot in knowing how to be sec and I'd like to try to take up the role so I can help other officers with the same things I had trouble with.

Security experience (300 word minimum): I instantly tried secoff the moment I unlocked it, I had a great time talking with other secoffs and getting robusted by clowns and mimes, since then I've learned enough to do the robusting, mostly, I tend to tunnel vision antags a little too hard, but I've never had an HoS talk to me about it and hopefully its offset by my generous punishments, which are usually just a minute to 30 seconds, and a swirly for especially troublesome people.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    ALWAYS leave the tracker and disk on the table, ALWAYS talk on the radio, ALWAYS use the alert button when in actual trouble, and ALWAYS respond to alerts, also always bully the clown.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    Not quite a sec moment but I loved it when Viridis mindslaved nearly an entire station, including the HoS and secoffs, thats when I really started tried to learn more robust strats, and I probably wouldn't be the same without that.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    Give the det a sechud, and add an alert tracker on the PDA or something so officers that don't know the map very well can still find the location of an another officers alert
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    For those that know my AI(C.ALL) and secoff I'm always eager to answer any questions people have, my play style in a group compared to singular isn't that different, when I have people to rely on I'm always notifying them on the radio of what I see and am usually patrolling the station when I can. I've never been a lone secoff, but usually when most of the others are dead I try to just stay alive above all and check on the others through radio fairly often.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    Blue sec is best, We don't die like the rest, Fart on the clown for stealing the contro chest.
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    Turn the brig into a bar and appoint a warden that runs the bar, although this might work better in ss14
  • Draw a picture!
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): First one was when I was still very new, I shot a flamer a monkey dropped in an empty room as HoP
Second and third were because of language, however I will confidentiality say I've got that under control now

My picture didn't post! I worked so hard on that masterpiece!

Oh god i just noticed the minimum word limit, im screwed

Messages In This Thread
HoS Application - NanoDano, The Awakening - by NanoDano - 12-18-2021, 06:29 PM