ILoveMyBonk HoS Application (Happy Kaos / Baiken Yamamoto)
Usual character name: Happy Kaos, Baiken Yamamoto, (used to be Johnny Jofefee)
BYOND username: ILoveMyBonk
Discord username (if you are on our discord): iLoveMyBonk
Recommended by (if applicable): MedAssistant (It told me to do my HoS application two times in a row)
Goon servers you play: Mostly Morty and Sylvester nowadays, but I have the most time in Heisenbee.

Reason for application: I’ll admit, I’m going to be a bit plain with my answer here and admit that the extra power given to Head of Security compared to security officers is game changing. Just the authority the title brings can change the tide of a round. When rounds may be chaotic without a leader, the HoS can bring all of Security together and organize them to fight for a common goal. Whilst the Lawbringer is cool, it’s not my main reason for applying. A security officers gear is already powerful as it is. Being a Head of Security seems like one of the most challenging, but most rewarding jobs one could take up.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
Where to begin. I must say that many of my tendencies and playstyle have been heavily affected by my time on Classic, but I’ve slowly been molded towards a more roleplay friendly type of security member. On classic I used to always be decked out in the standard gear, no fashioning. I’d always have shock insulated gloves and I’d always focus on putting crimers behind bars or in a grave if need be, no games. If I saw a guy creating a urine typhoon in bar, I pick them up and throw them in the brig for 2 minutes with no questions asked. If I catch some guy on a revolver rampage, they get the butt of my baton and a spacing. This was just normal for Classic, but I had to do some readjusting to the roleplay servers. My powergaming ways came to an impasse with the more laidback, group oriented style of security. I stopped stealing the hacking tools and insulated gloves that spawn in Security (yes I admit that I did this and I’m sorry). I stopped going gung ho on any crimer. I had to learn how to talk my way through interactions instead of blindly brigging people. To be honest, I still try to play hard ass when I’m sec, but I’ve had to be more sensible about how I carry myself. Sometimes, I’ll slip up, I can admit it. However, I always try to take my mistakes on the chin and learn from what I’ve done wrong. For example, getting the MD demoted by HoP without telling the HoS. Yes, that was a bad move, but I assumed HoP had the authority to demote the MD by themselves, and the MD totally did try to firebomb the entirety of medbay. Most importantly though, I learned how to play Fashion Station 13. No more drab security uniforms with ballistic vests. We have Happy Kaos rocking his short coat and athletic shorts with no shoes or gloves. The best way to leave an impression is to stick out like the brightest sore thumb.
Anywho, I enjoy playing all of the sec roles. Of course, a security officer is the go to for a solid person of law and order. I like running one hander taser guns because I like to sometimes put the gun on Baikens missing arm and use it like her trap gadgets. I used to be a medic, but then the auto mendors got nerfed (R.I.P). Detective is great too. He’s more of a role player job, but still gets most of the security tools that Security Officers do. Detective is my go to for Happy, since he has a really cool revolver, and i think the gruff nature of detective fits Happy more. Security Assistants are actually very fun to play too, since they’re still very strong. Flashes are still one of the best weapons in the game and I’m willing to abuse that when the going gets tough when I play as a Security Assistant. Usually, Security Assistants are seen as computer or paper boys, but I never enjoyed the bureaucracy style of Security. I’m more hands on. I would tell more stories of my time in sec, but a lot of my shifts blur together because sadly a lot of shifts are just not that standout. I must say though, killing Santa Claus during my time as a Vice Officer will go down as a classic.

Answer two or more of the following:

What advice would you give to other sec players?
 Don't always take the insulated gloves and mechanical toolbox that spawns in Security. The tools are mostly there to be used in Security itself and not outside of it. If you want to powergame, I highly suggest you go print out hacking tools at the general fabricator and ask for a multi tool and insulated gloves from a mechanic, bonus points if you make the insulated gloves electrified.

What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
I’ve always seen security officers as first responders. They’re the first to be at the scene of a crime, and they’re supposed to be the ones that help the wounded. When I used to play security a while back, I always ran the med kit, because I love the independence it brung and the ability it gave to help others harmed by crimers. Ever since the auto-mendor nerf, security officers have had harder times tending to wounded crewmates. I truly wish that somehow security officers could select auto-mendors again with their utility tokens or some kind of med kit that they can use.

Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
Any security officer's playstyle is probably the best when in a full team. There is much more communication, power, and helping hands available at the ready. Officers are much harder to pick off when they are teamed up and can make riskier choices to catch bad guys. I find it way easier too to take pacifist routes when dealing with criminals or antagonists. It may not be necessary to kill antagonists when you have more officers willing to tend to the station whilst you deal with the antagonist at hand. Of course, everything gets flipped on its head when you’re alone. You’re basically one of the only threads holding the station together. Everything is much more dangerous and risky once you’re spread out across an entire station. You may get frustrated, you may get antsy, and you may take nuclear options when dealing with antagonists. I know I’m much more likely click some murderer horizontal alone than when I’m with a team. You simply can’t just keep occupied with singular threats when there are many more wreaking havoc on the station, so sometimes, you just got to get rid of the threats one by one. 

Draw a picture!
I can do you one better. I drew TWO pictures of my Sec main, Happy Kaos. I did one on my tablet and one in a game.
[Image: HfE8Aw4UMQ5GCB2Wyw-CisTKc_ylFNkp4qyRKLNI...RYQemS5hrQ]
[Image: 7jYn6gBzvHFUEB7zPJNj1DkMovEgKBtGUjraCICG...c4zNMwiGtC]

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): Had an one hour ban on the discord. I was banned by Emily for talking about the coprolalia genetic trait in a way she didn't like. I believe it was a misunderstanding since I agreed with her on the issue, but I'm not certain.

Messages In This Thread
ILoveMyBonk HoS Application (Happy Kaos / Baiken Yamamoto) - by ILoveMyBonk - 12-04-2021, 08:02 PM