Mentor Application - NapsWasTaken
Usual character name: Bee Lyedelle, Test Subject B
BYOND username: NapsWasTaken
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Naps#7057
Recommended by (if applicable): Walpvrgis
Goon servers you play: Mainly Morty but also Sylvester.

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):
I have been playing on the server for a year and a half now and a few players suggested that I should apply for mentor (the main person encouraging me to do so being Walp). I wanted to wait until I felt like I myself was ready to step up to the role and now I feel ready to do so. I already try and help out other players in game and have created a character (Test Subject B) to help players gain confidence with interacting with each other on RP. I hope to be a friendly face that people new and older can come to in order to improve their experience of the game, help them try new things and make new friends.
I remember when I was new, I was shy and worried about asking for help but really appreciated the people who saw me struggling and stepped in to help. I hope to be that person who helps people come out of their shell a little.
Throughout my one and a half years playing I’ve learned a lot of roles. The role I know the most would be medical, as this is the role I originally started playing as regularly. One of my fondest memories when teaching medical was teaching a player who later became a regular and amazing medical player. As an MD I picked up they weren’t sure how to do surgeries, so I dragged them into robotics to perform surgery on my character whilst I walked them through it. During this a radiation storm happened resulting in the missing organ not being replaced, we forgot about it until my character was dying and needed it replaced urgently. They managed to replace the organ without assistance, and I was incredibly proud of them.
For science I have quite a lot of knowledge in chemistry, telesci and artlab. I believe science can be intimidating for people to start because there’s so much you can do but no indicator on where to really begin. I usually direct people to the wiki and let them know I’m here if they have any questions if they’re unsure about the department.
For civilian jobs I have a lot of knowledge on except for chaplain which I haven’t really ever played. Botany is an easy job role to learn as is chef which is where I usually see newer players starting out and getting a hang of the game.
For engineering I’m not very knowledgeable when it comes to the TEG but for the singularity and especially the geothermal, I am able to assist players in learning them. I find myself teaching engineers on how the geothermal engine works each time Oshan is selected. Mining and cargo are regular picks of mine, so I have a lot of experience there. Mechanics however I’m a little clueless on.
I am quite new to playing security, but I’ve had good feedback with the way I play it. As B I try my best to involve other security players with cases and incidents happening during the round. I try to make it fun for everyone and be a friendly face people can talk to.
I have a lot of experience in playing silicon too, for awhile it was the only role I would play.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None that I’m aware of.

Messages In This Thread
Mentor Application - NapsWasTaken - by NapsWasTaken - 12-04-2021, 01:56 AM
RE: Mentor Application - NapsWasTaken - by Pleccy - 12-04-2021, 11:13 AM
RE: Mentor Application - NapsWasTaken - by Oremir - 12-04-2021, 02:32 PM
RE: Mentor Application - NapsWasTaken - by Cal - 12-10-2021, 06:57 PM