Nut - Head of Security Application
Nut, I've known you for quite a while and watched you go through a few phases while you've learned how to carry yourself as a security officer, and seen you come and go more than a few times while you decide exactly what you want out of Space Station in general and Goonstation in particular. At the beginning I was really eager to recommend you for HoS and even did a lot of one-on-one training with you myself, but over time you've developed some habits that really give me pause.

The main and most important one is that the way you play SS13, you are the most important character of the story. In a recent round I observed, I watched you talk over the HoS while doing an interrogation, stop an injured person who was being dragged to Medbay so that you could force-feed them a donut and try to cauterize their wounds with a Zippo lighter, and walk past an engineer and a mechanic with a dowsing rod and stomper so that you could handle hotspots on Oshan all by yourself. Not only does this break the "stay in your lane" rule on the RP server, it is an example of how you often play as if you're always the one in a round that has to Be The Hero  and Do The Things. HoS is about leadership, and leadership is very often about stepping aside to let everyone play their part in a story, not just charging ahead with your own.

You're a good roleplayer and a great security officer, but I'm concerned about how these habits will translate to the roles where you have less oversight and lots of cool toys, like HoS and NTSO.

Messages In This Thread
Nut - Head of Security Application - by Nut - 12-01-2021, 04:43 PM
RE: Nut - Head of Security Application - by jan.antilles - 12-12-2021, 12:29 PM
RE: Nut - Head of Security Application - by Cal - 12-12-2021, 07:50 PM
RE: Nut - Head of Security Application - by Nut - 12-13-2021, 01:24 PM