Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Movement ideas
The Shift Key - Instead of having walking, running, and sprinting as an intent swap and a button you hold down, I propose making shift a way to change from walking to running, as well as sprint when held down.

Proposed method would be make default a walk speed, with a tap of shift upgrading it to a run that maintains until you do something that causes you to lose momentum. Holding shift down will make it into a sprint.

Flipping - I believe the way the current momentum mechanics work is that continuing to move in one direction you will eventually speed up as long as you don't change direction to suddenly. I propose adding to this system a method in which while your character is flipping, their momentum remains locked at it's current speed, with the sustaining direction locking back into the current position it's in when the flip ends.

In practicality, you could run down one way, flip, and do a hard turn without losing your current speed momentum. It would also be possible to use flips to help conserve your stamina you're using for sprinting. Just pepper in some flips to keep your momentum up

Momentum and slips - Momentum currently comes into play mostly for speeding up, but what if it also worked the same in reverse? trying to do a dead stop from a sprint or a run, or to quickly change direction, should cause a slight sliding effect, where you continue to advance a tile or two in the direction you've built momentum into.

Messages In This Thread
Movement ideas - by Frank_Stein - 11-06-2021, 04:29 AM
RE: Movement ideas - by Chayot - 11-06-2021, 07:41 AM
RE: Movement ideas - by zjdtmkhzt - 11-06-2021, 03:57 PM
RE: Movement ideas - by Yellow - 11-06-2021, 08:55 PM