Feedback Aleyn, MrFishStick and unknown mod, 1am GMT 28/10/2021.
I was the "unknown mod".

I made it clear very early on in our conversation what I wanted from you, which was you acknowledging (1) not engaging in the same topic that had spawned an argument an hour earlier (2) not equating people not liking lings ingame to racism. You responded with sarcasm and said I was "making a mountain out of a molehill". After admitting that the racism thing was a joke that "didn't land well", you kept trying to deflect with "what about other people" and how you were being exclusively antagonized. You yourself asked for a second opinion, and then kept arguing when other admins shared their opinions. You were not coerced to keep on talking, and no one even ever mentioned bans.

Here's my understanding -

(1) You had just been warned an hour earlier for continuing to argue after other people had asked you, multiple times, to stop.
(2) The argument from an hour earlier concerned whether it's fine if a changeling eats someone who consents, which then devolved into an argument about consensual murder in real life.
(3) The second conversation also concerned changelings and whether they are monsters or can be redeemed.
(4) Saying "sounds like racism to me" when people are trying to explain why they consider changelings to be monsters, is inflammatory and offensive, and inflammatory and offensive comments have a high likelihood of causing arguments.

When people are warned and told to drop an argument, I expect them to be more mindful of their conversational habits and not almost get into a second argument about the same thing an hour later. In my opinion, your comment about racism would have caused yet another argument had I not pulled you into a different channel to talk.

When three different people (two of them upon your insistence of getting a second opinion) try to explain something to you, and you still don't understand what any of them really meant, I don't think it's an issue with people's explanations. I think it's an issue with your understanding. And while I would love to clarify your understanding, it is not my job and I have already spent enough time trying to do so.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aleyn, MrFishStick and unknown mod, 1am GMT 28/10/2021. - by Flourish - 10-29-2021, 03:09 PM