Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is Engineer job not as fun as it could be?
(10-28-2021, 03:55 AM)Vocalpocal Wrote: Cyborg comparison isn't really fair because cyborgs beat every job by a very long shot (with few exceptions like chef and antag scientist), the downsides being that they are extremely vulnerable to flashing, bound to laws and can't do anything outside their module. But station repair can be done by anyone very easily, not just borgs. Anyone with access to storage room can get some steel sheets, go to the depressurized room, and fix the thing in just a few minutes.

Engine operation is quite boring, and most of the time not even necessary because lol AI turned on solars. The fun of engineering comes from making stupid gimmicks like generator that runs on flying monkeys and vomit, and then putting those on display. How to make engine more fun? I don't know. Maybe make some random power demands like new QM orders work? Maybe give them a suit which gives bonuses or heals them based on current energy level, like powergloves but less antag? 

Anyway I don't think Engineer's gimmick should be station repair or gimmick construction.

I get what you mean. Station power is the thing you can do whenever, but station repair is something you anticipate and it's seen as pointless with the shuttle. Gimmick construction is a gimmick lol

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Engineer job not as fun as it could be? - by Crystalwarrior - 10-28-2021, 04:35 AM