Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.6 Average
[PSA] Don't walk into random portals
You don't know what the guy who placed it was in the middle of doing - if you're following someone else and you do a blind jump it is likely going to end poorly for you. Every experienced player can give you a story of how teleportation ended poorly for them, and it's just another one of the many reasons smart spacemen watch where they're going.

That is a lesson that Officer Jack Cromwell learned the hard way. 

Quote:1:16:13.082 say Punished Bill says, "Uh oh" Space Shack (151,195,3)
1:16:13.150 emote Jack Cromwell snores.
1:16:13.155 emote Jack Cromwell gasps.
1:16:17.322 emote Jack Cromwell gasps.
1:16:17.897 say Punished Bill says, "Someone's running out of oxygen" Space Shack (151,195,3)

I don't have the actual logs from the rest of the conversation, but since my character was one of the few with a copy of the hand teleporter he essentially said this to him.

Engineers die from their own ingenuity, Miners die from their own impatience, Doctors die to save the lives of others, and Clowns die to finish the punchline.

But out of every occupation, I have most often seen Security die from their own stupidity - call it curiosity if you will. If they're not shooting at Nukies, writing a less than amusing ticket, or validhunting, it's like a certain part of their brain where common sense resides is just... turned off. Sorry, but I can't otherwise explain it. That's why many clowns agree that the boys in blue (and red?) are prime targets for mischief. The jokes practically write themselves with these cartoon characters.

And that's why you'll never EVER see me as Security. Pick a god and thank him for that. Does anyone else have a department that they never see themselves playing as? If so, then why not - and is there anything that you would personally change about them?

Messages In This Thread
[PSA] Don't walk into random portals - by Stivkin - 10-16-2021, 06:57 PM
RE: [PSA] Don't walk into portals - by Stivkin - 10-17-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: [PSA] Don't walk into portals - by Cal - 10-17-2021, 02:47 PM
RE: [PSA] Don't walk into portals - by Stivkin - 10-17-2021, 04:09 PM
RE: [PSA] Don't walk into portals - by Stivkin - 10-17-2021, 05:36 PM