Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
wizard mobility spell nerfs
Just FYI, i'm actually working on a rebalance to this and hoping to take away some of wizards starting ability power and infinite chaining with mobility spells like dopple and blink. Although its not aimed as a nerf as i'm changing a lot of spells to be more usable in general, whether its just simple cooldowns, removing some bs polymorph options for efficiency killing, or just changing how some function. An example is i'm making Clairvoyance a real spell that gives you temporary mk2 thermals effect to actually view people around you, so it has more tactical value for stuff in conjunction with phase shift, and making the clairvoyance function into an item on the wizards den.. probably just the magic mirror since it doesn't have much use right now for classic and it's only used for RP.

Like zaf said above, wizards are limited for being loud right now, and i'm hoping this can fix that a bit. Also trying to refurbish the shockwave spell that's been commented out to give some more combat abilities, since it has a fun premise that I like. Making animate dead a 30-40 second cooldown, but having it drop a brain/or making it turn the player into an actual ?mindslaved? critter that drops their brain on death, something of that sort. Also, by "nerf", its more shifting power. Magic missile is a 35 second cooldown, but now it shoots out 8 missiles, phase shift is 45 seconds now but lasts from 5-8 seconds, etc. Generally it puts some more CD on the mobility spells like dopplegangeer and blink, and cuts a bunch of CD off a large chunk of other spells and changes some of their effects to be less perma.

Also, i think this post is actually cause rosan fucking STOMPED 40 pop bombini playing mobility wizard solo, there was literally nothing anybody could do. To the point everybody, including me, were salty af in deadchat lol. Many people have complained about wizards, because the new meta is just not fun to fight against. They have enough power in their starting kit that they can just take mobility and utility spells and use their all access to get weapons to use.

Messages In This Thread
wizard mobility spell nerfs - by unfunnyperson - 10-12-2021, 06:10 AM
RE: wizard mobility spell nerfs - by zjdtmkhzt - 10-12-2021, 06:20 AM
RE: wizard mobility spell nerfs - by UrsulaMejor - 10-12-2021, 09:55 AM
RE: wizard mobility spell nerfs - by KikiMofo - 10-12-2021, 10:06 AM
RE: wizard mobility spell nerfs - by Zonespace - 10-12-2021, 09:08 PM
RE: wizard mobility spell nerfs - by KikiMofo - 10-12-2021, 08:26 PM
RE: wizard mobility spell nerfs - by Zafhset - 10-12-2021, 09:26 PM
RE: wizard mobility spell nerfs - by MomoBerry - 10-13-2021, 05:12 AM
RE: wizard mobility spell nerfs - by KikiMofo - 10-13-2021, 12:08 PM
RE: wizard mobility spell nerfs - by Ikea - 10-13-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: wizard mobility spell nerfs - by zjdtmkhzt - 10-13-2021, 11:55 PM