Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
Why do you hate me? [HEAT OF THE DESERT]
I'd love to hear all the testimonials of people having a bad time playing with me. Anyone who's played a round with Kenneth Bynum is well aware that I might bend the rules at times but I never actively try to ruin other people's fun or take them out of the game. If I break a rule, it's typically in the interest of the shared narrative and to get some laughs. If something gets taken, it almost always gets promptly returned. If something is specifically forbidden by the rules, I don't do it. Which is why after each and every inciting incident you'll see me ask for clarification on the rules, because nearly every inciting incident usually gets cleared up as a misunderstanding.

The off-station N2O room wouldn't have became a deathtrap nor would it have take more than a few minutes for me to clean up if I hadn't been arrested. Frankly, any off-station teleport destination will in all likelihood kill you or maim you if there's nobody on the other side to help you in case you get telefragged. Which is what I was supposed to be doing instead of sitting in a cell. I fully believed at the time that as long as I fixed what I broke, go into any room and take what I needed for my shift. There is no clause that specifically excludes the armory, so I failed to interpret the full meaning of the rule. I told the mentor team that in frustration that I had in fact read the rules and they didn't mention it, and that's when they started insulting me for being such an idiot.

The Captain's spare afaik is not irreplaceable, he has a safe full of then and a box of blank IDs to make copies. I also didn't use it for anything, my intent was to see if I could cash it out at one of the debris field vendors. I don't see how that qualifies as anything but minor stealing, especially on a game mode that doesn't necessarily require them most of the time. And it wasn't even missing for more than 8m before they got it back anyhow.

All I'm asking for is an opportunity to explain that I wasn't trying to be malicious, I've always admired this community and I know I can be a little unstable at times but to be treated like an irreverent tider after pouring countless hours of study and practice into this game and it's robust mechanics, slowly easing myself past my social ineptitude and feeling like part of a community for once in my god damned fucking life.

I should have figured that I'd get separated from the chaff during the holidays. It's an unavoidable fact that things get sloppier when you guys get stretched this thin. But a second glance would have been appreciated, an opportunity to speak and defend myself even more. Which I'm relieved you've had the decency to give me; even if it's a twisted set-up for your community to laugh at me.

(10-12-2021, 06:01 AM)CaptainBravo Wrote: my name is stivkin, and i'm banned again
from in-game because i cried "fascists!", and then

i went on discord, because i was bored
lamented "no hitlers???", got put to the sword

i ran to the forums, to cry for decorum
now everyone's filling the mockery quorum

my name is stivkin, and i'm banned again

(10-12-2021, 02:55 PM)CaptainBravo Wrote: i contacted my dad who is a lawyer and he told me that everything stivkin wrote was wrong and bad

You're a real comedian. Shouldn't you be doing your job instead of trolling general?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do you hate me? [Watch your butts] - by Stivkin - 10-12-2021, 03:02 PM