Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
Why do you hate me? [HEAT OF THE DESERT]
(10-12-2021, 12:00 PM)Waffleloffle Wrote: "is it unfair for me to be ejected from a community for not even attempting to abide by its rules" - the most unifying thread on the history of forums, awarded the nobel peace prize for bringing every user ever together to dunk on the op and their bad-faith "ermmmmmm why in the world is it bad to talk about nazis?" bullshit

I never questioned whether or not it was okay, I was asking why you have in-game references to things that the players aren't allowed to talk about. As with the coprolalia mutation, which forces individuals to blurt out sexual anatomy. You can't have it both ways, how are you supposed to force people to be SFW in a game with NSFW content?

Also there's certainly more than one of those aforementioned governments in history, I clearly made no attempt to bring up any references to real-world figures. I did on the discord when I asked for clarification, but I certainly wasn't opening up an avenue to talk about opinions on the subject. I was asking the admins for the reason for one topic being acceptable over another frighteningly similar one. And they banned me for asking about it.

I thought that calling out a power-tripping player in character as someone who is acting like a tyrant should be fair game as long as I don't bring any real-world references into it. It's a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racial discrimination. Yes we all know who made it popular, but I didn't attempt to compare anyone to that guy, bring that guy into the conversation, or question whether or not it was okay to talk about it. If you behave like an unstoppably robust tyrant as the Head of Security - fully decked out in gas mask, stark red and black military uniform and huge military boots, you can expect people to at least compare you Darth Vader. And you only have to look at that Vader's helmet for more than half of a second to see who Lucas decided to base him on.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do you hate me? [Watch your butts] - by Stivkin - 10-12-2021, 12:21 PM