Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
Why do you hate me? [HEAT OF THE DESERT]
If I'm no longer allowed to play because I don't understand your rules... and I'm not allowed to ask you guys about the rules so I can better understand them; well I guess I'll just go frick myself. I'm sure staring at them again will give me some guidance. You guys so often mistake incompetence for malice. And I think you're pushing these speech rules to their absolute extremes. How come the first rule isn't "don't talk about the rules" eh?

Why wasn't the simple option to just PM me and simply delete whatever message offended them? I've been playing here for a little while now, but  I can't possibly deem to know every single hot topic and personal trigger for each individual player, you're asking way too much of me here. 

I didn't come here to destabilize. I don't want to talk about your personal opinions or politics. Frankly, my life is so fucked right now that I just don't give a shit about it. I come here to distract myself from all of that crap. I know I have no rights to "free speech" on your server. But to just silence me and make me disappear like I was always just a crapstain on your community? That's harsh. Frankly - I feel like I'm being singled out, and I'm sure understand that can't be a good feeling. Why do you feel the need to inflict that on another person? Yeah, it's over the internet. But I spend a lot of my time here.

This is not an appeal, I know I am allowed to be on your forums only at your discretion. To those who will make that decision, if you don't want a mildly grim experience report of my time spent interacting with staff staying here then go ahead and remove it. I mean no disrespect, but the surgical precision with which you have extradited me from your community has greatly taken me aback. Though others can learn from my own grief. This situation is admittedly ambiguous and I'm sure you'd rather it just disappear than deal with the headache of unraveling it. It's only natural for you to do what's convenient even if it means making someone else's life a little darker.

To those who manage to read this whom aren't among staff: respect these guys like your life absolutely depends on it. Those rules are not joking around, this is their little patch of land and they will not hesitate to grab the rifle and cap your stupid ass from the shaded comfort of their porch. 

Anyways that's my rant, now it's time for the tide to return to the ocean. Don't talk about the rules, appeals, bans... any of that. That is not a matter for discussion in this thread. If you feel like you've ever felt completely alone within any community, I'd love to hear your story. Misery loves company after all. Play nice everyone, and good luck in space!

Also don't mention anything having to do with mental health on here if it would normally come up in your story. That pinned resources post is not actually an invitation to discuss that kind of stuff as I've learned the hard way. Even staff will just make fun of you for it.

Messages In This Thread
Why do you hate me? [HEAT OF THE DESERT] - by Stivkin - 10-11-2021, 10:01 PM