Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A little thing on Construction Worker
As we all know (or at least most of us do) the role Construction Worker got removed a few of months ago. Decently controversial choice then, decently controversial now. I have heard that the main reason was due to the RCD and the ease of how it could tear through walls, of course being exploited by shitters and the likes. I do incredibly agree that 200 material units, or however much it was, was way too much power, especially on main.

This brings me onto something. Not sure if it's a solution, but it's something. It would be to make the role only accessible on the RP servers. This would, in theory, have only calmer people with less serious antagonists utilize this. 
Either that or, nerf the RCD

Another point is that the construction worker essentially removed half of the job engineers had. Sometimes that can be a good thing, but it isn't if it means your only proper job is the engine / singulo. The other half is to fix stuff and build things. ...however when was the last time you've ever seen an engineer actually build? Most the time it's the engineer borgs that get the building spotlight.

To quote someone who shall be anonymous for reasons: "No engineer born after 2020 can build. All they know is hellburn, sacrifice humans to singulo, singuloose, and Plasmaflood."

Another suggestion is to make the role a gimmick job, so that anything that bad happens is always limited. This kinda fate is similar to the likes of the Head Surgeon.

P.S. Kinda late while writing this so I'm sorry for any bad grammar

Messages In This Thread
A little thing on Construction Worker - by A Burglar - 10-08-2021, 11:15 AM