Complaint Emily, Goonstation 1, 8:30-ish PM MST
(09-01-2021, 07:46 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: Some points of clarification before I compose a full response:

First, here were multiple admins online at the time. Nearly everything you are complaining about was not done by me (I spawned the neutronium bars and then deleted them about 50 seconds later. Then I spawned mutadone for everyone and, later, tried to clear up the toxins to reduce lag. Everything else was not me.) Not sure who did what, exactly, but Aloe and Yass were also online.

Second, the bug with "toxin damage" was not with toxin, the chemical, but with toxin, the general damage type that composes one of the four major axes of damage in game (being oxygen, brute, burn, and toxin damage).

In other words, the radiation could not deal damage to you (although it could mutate you), and the antagonists that round (all changelings) had one of their biggest damage sources taken away from them. Several major game mechanics were not functioning, and so the round was pretty much scuffed.

As I said, I'll come up with a full response later, but I just want to clarify those two points.

When I used the "who" command, it looked like you were the only admin on, so I attributed that to you exclusively. My bad.

I'm aware the damage type was broken, and that it did impact parts of the round, but a lot of roles, such asĀ Artlab or Bartender, were not impacted nearly at all, up until the mutations went out of control. I'm not upset that the round was tampered with, but that I was rendered completely unable to play due to something I had zero chance of avoiding. Admin shenanigans are and always will be hectic and confusing, which is part of the fun, and I can appreciate.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Emily, Goonstation 1, 8:30-ish PM MST - by Celestialex - 09-02-2021, 08:09 PM