PinkPuffBall81 Mentor Application
Usual Character Name: Jim Reaper, Bonk Honkem, Quiet, SPECTRE.
BYOND Username: PinkPuffBall81
Discord Username: PeckNeck#4442
Usual Servers: Morty
Previous Bans: None.

Let me start this off with a little note. I'm aware that I've done very dumb things in the past, and am willing to look past them, if you are willing to look past them too. My behavior at times was unacceptable, and I would like to let you all know that I'm trying my best to be a better person, so please, I don't want to be reminded of past problems I may have caused for some people. I want to do better, and I'm working towards that. Some past things I've said may have seemed like I viewed mentorship like a stepping stone or a status symbol, I don't feel that way, and I'm applying for this status because I sincerely enjoy helping people and I enjoy the people on this server. My only request is that you look past my past misdeeds. Thank you.

I've joined goon around a year ago at this point, and I've really enjoyed my time and the experiences I've had on this station. It's a very welcoming and interesting place. It's strange, in the good way, too. Back during my first days of goon, I was extremely confused by the mechanics and rules of the game, but I learned over time, and fairly quickly. Back before I got SS13, I used to read the goon wiki daily so I'd understand how the game worked. Weirdly enough, the first job I picked up was medical doctor. I'm not saying I'm extremely well-versed in how the game works, there's still some things that confuse me, and I still have to hit that F3 key occasionally. Most of the time when I play, I have the wiki open in a separate window to keep there in the case I need any information quickly. Usually when playing chef, bartender, or scientist to remember how to make certain chems/drinks/foods. Some jobs I've taken more of a liking to recently are AI and scientist, I'm a fan of AI because it involves a lot of responding to crew needs and it keeps me occupied and busy. Usually just opening doors or tracking people for sec. I enjoy playing as a scientist because it involves a lot of experimentation, and more recently, I'm learning how to make some secret chems. I WON'T share the details on how to make said secret chems in mentorhelps because that's metagaming and goes against rule 3.

Most of the time, if this application is approved, I will be spending in the discord and observing to assist with any mentorhelps that pop up and I am able to help people with. Occasionally I may hop into rounds when I need a break from mentoring, and I'll be going back to high school soon, so I'll be online during the evenings and on weekends usually, because I have school responsibilities to deal with. I'll probably be on early afternoons because school starts at 7:20 and ends at around 2:00 (CST) I would like to make it clear that I do not intend on using current round info to deal with mentorhelps, because that also goes against rule 3. I may answer some with "Maybe the HoP could help you with that!" or something along those lines, because we don't want assistants breaking into customs, do we? (I am also aware of the frequent "how do I pee" questions. I know how to do it, it's  *piss.)

Thank you for reading my application, and any feedback is welcome. If you DON'T feel like giving a +1, that's understandable and I respect your decision. Have a nice day.

Messages In This Thread
PinkPuffBall81 Mentor Application - by TheRealFlapJackson - 09-01-2021, 06:38 AM
RE: PinkPuffBall81 Mentor Application - by Cal - 09-01-2021, 12:11 PM