Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Adds a new robotics category/organ, Augmentations!
(09-02-2021, 11:36 AM)Flourish Wrote: I am also not a fan of most of these augments are combat based. 

I admit, this was something that had a lot of precedence at first, but after feedback, I'm changing my development direction with (see the latest 2 augments).

(09-02-2021, 11:36 AM)Flourish Wrote:  It seems like they'll just get rushed and used by more experienced players (like how cyberorgans are) when they know they'll be getting in a lot of scuffles, and won't have much use otherwise.
I acknowledge that the combat ones will inevitably be powergamed, but I was hoping that the combat augment's downsides and fairly lethal on-destroyed penalties would create a system, where you'd take one if you wanted to be better in one field, at the cost of others.

(09-02-2021, 11:36 AM)Flourish Wrote: More importantly, I think it's crucial that these augments can be clearly identified by the common crewmember. I am already not a fan of how "invisible" things like cyberorgans or certain genetic powers are, and I really don't want to add onto that with a new class of items.

Read the 2 forum comments above mine.

------

New addition: Surgery Assistant Augmentation. This augment gives you a slightly better surgery-focused version of the Medical Training trait. In addition, you can use the augment's organ ability to choose a surgery to do, in which case it will give you a guide on how to do the surgery, one step at a time. More details can be found in the PR/main post on the forums.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adds a new robotics category/organ, Augmentations! - by Zonespace - 09-02-2021, 01:30 PM