Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Hunter - Thoughts and ideas
I'd love if the hunter was more common and more interesting, first of all i think the cowboy shoes could either get axed and the no slip given to hunter legs or at the very least renamed to something like "Hunter Boots".

How i see a hunter rework/buff would be turning them more into a trap focused antag. They could spawn on a ship like others have suggested there they'd get gear up, maybe they also get a camera monitor so they can gauge where would be safe spot to go. Now for changes to their actual kit, to better suit their new trap based focus i propose the hunter to get the following:

1. Some sort of landmines, most likely a special variety only the hunters would get suited to kill people but not gib them so they could still get their skull. A feature i'd love to see but one that could also be horrible to fight against is a "cloak" where the landmine adapts to the type of turf it was placed on in a way that it's not obvious but if you're looking out for them it's easy enough to spot.

2. A net launcher, this would function kind of like handcuffs mixed with a taser the magazine would hold 2 shots and slowly self charge over time (The gun would also have a cell you couldn't swap for balancing). If someone was hit by the projectile they'd get a "Net" debuff this stops them from being able to use their hands and slightly slows them down but they can still run into doors to unlock them and the like, if you clicked on the debuff icon/resisted an action bar would come up and after 10 seconds the net would come off removing the debuff.

3. A light breaker or anything that makes breaking lights easier, tbh right now it's a bit of a pain to do it manually and if people can see your traps easily they probably won't run into them

4. An ability to toggle a wrist weapon, it's a pretty iconic thing and would make fighting hunters a lot more challenging since they basically have a weapon arm at all times but can still use both hands if they need to. The two ways i could see this go are a melee wristblade or we could replace their laser rifle with a wrist mounted gun that'd deal less damage and was more focused on debilitating targets rather than murdering them, that should be the spear's job

5. Barbed wire. This isn't the most original idea but i think it fits with the trap aspect i'm going for. Basically after like a 2~ second action bar and not moving the hunter would deploy some barbed wire, this significantly slows any non hunters walking through it and causes a small amount of brute + bleed. Wirecutters could be used to turn them back into their original item form.

6. Since this is a lot of gear i suggest they get a pouch/box to deal with inventory space issues

7. Make their armour not trash, currently it's laughably bad at actually protecting you. Since the hunter jumpsuit is available to crew on some maps it'd be best to make a costume version and a special combat version for the real deal. 1 or 2 ranged protection and 4 or 5 melee protection should do the job for their torso. The mask could get a small buff to melee protection too. Both pieces of the set should definitley get upgrades in the heat and cold resistance department.

8. An ability to detonate their micros at any time, it's here to stop the hunter from being even more of a loot pinata. It'd have an "Are you sure?" before confirming so people who misclick the button aren't left very salty and very dead. I think it'd be a good idea to make it usable while stunned to stop the crew/sec from looting you and they already can't cuff you so in most cases when you're stunned you are as good as dead so this doesn't change much.

One last note: Hunters shouldn't trigger landmines, while possibly very funny to watch a hunter getting killed by walking into their own mine wouldn't be great.

Messages In This Thread
Hunter - Thoughts and ideas - by Katzen - 08-26-2021, 05:50 AM
RE: Hunter - Thoughts and ideas - by Frank_Stein - 08-26-2021, 08:39 AM
RE: Hunter - Thoughts and ideas - by Mouse - 08-26-2021, 12:13 PM
RE: Hunter - Thoughts and ideas - by Katzen - 08-26-2021, 01:31 PM
RE: Hunter - Thoughts and ideas - by Katzen - 08-27-2021, 12:23 AM
RE: Hunter - Thoughts and ideas - by Danger Noodle - 08-28-2021, 01:17 PM
RE: Hunter - Thoughts and ideas - by Ikea - 08-28-2021, 02:29 PM
RE: Hunter - Thoughts and ideas - by Katzen - 08-29-2021, 03:50 AM
RE: Hunter - Thoughts and ideas - by Mouse - 08-29-2021, 06:38 PM
RE: Hunter - Thoughts and ideas - by Frank_Stein - 08-29-2021, 07:36 PM
RE: Hunter - Thoughts and ideas - by Lady Birb - 08-29-2021, 07:42 PM