Complaint Captain Bravo/Efrem/Vaughn Moon, Goon Main: Heisenbee
Admin: Captain Bravo

Server: Goonstation Main: Heisenbee

Date & time: 4:00 to 5:00 PM, EST

Pre-note: I believe the video portrays the round much better than my writing ever can, however, I did not want to post just the video alone.

--------

Text snyopsis: During a recent round on Goon Main, Captain Bravo as Vaughn Moon ran around using admin powers, essentially stealing items, abusing sec players, and generally messing with the crew as a whole, while using their pick up function and heal function to get themselves out of the brig and not be captured, leading to a general unhappiness in the security team, as they felt entirely powerless. It really felt as if a staff assistant with no regard for others rounds just was running around, taking everything they could with their new found powers.

I am new to main, as I played entirely on RP for the past 12 months, so I do not know if this is to common for admins to run around essentially invincible as their player character and torment the crew, but it is nothing like I've ever seen before. They attacked a security officer, putting them into crit, and didn't even heal them. They didn't mark themselves as antag, essentially was self-antagging for the full shift, stealing the turret from the sec armory to have it shoot at random people, then later mocking us for it with the robotic voice announcement. I understand that they are an admin, and they can do these kinds of things, and it is main so it is taken less seriously, but it still feels discouraging when a literal god is just running around, doing whatever they want, and security has 0 power to do anything.

Conclusion: Almost all admin intervention I've seen on main is positive, such as special antags, cool events, making cool areas, or just having a beneficial impact on the round, not just running around as their player character with godmode

-----------

I have made a video, summarizing and capturing most of the negative impacts they had on that round. I really recommend watching it

https://youtu.be/KuOiXHVhnYA

A note: I will retract this if this is just how main/admins on main are, I don't have the strongest point of reference. Other players seemed very upset/acted like it wasn't a common occurrence at all so I felt confident enough to post this

Messages In This Thread
Captain Bravo/Efrem/Vaughn Moon, Goon Main: Heisenbee - by Mushroom - 08-12-2021, 02:02 PM