Complaint Lack of harshness in bans related to racism/bigotry
People touched on pretty much all the points I wanted to say, so I won't repeat them. It sounds like the OP simply has a higher standard of the types of people he wants to be in this community with, given his, "what if I'm RP-ing with a racist?" comment. And considers one-off-low-effort greif posts where someone says a slur or something offensive as proof that they are a racist through and through. Instead of them being naieve or using such terms in ignorance.

I can appreciate the feeling of being upset when a player who was banned for writing a slur gets their ban lifted, thinking that they haven't really changed and are going to do so again. But let me tell you, most people banned for that with the intention of being a hateful racist shit don't even appeal. And if they do appeal and somehow get back in, like having been banned for over a year or convince us with their appeal that they have seen their mistakr and changed. If they reveal their true colours and do it again, we just ban permaban straight away and then unbanning is very unlikely. People can change, and usually we try to give people the opportunity to prove they are better.

Really, I think that the idea that we are too lenient with ban appeals for slurs is not true and OP has convinced himself of it based on his practice of going through and listening to ban appeals. Like he said here:

"I have been listening to most ban appeals chronologically when I am driving, and at this point I am around 2019"

To be frank, that seems like one of the most unhealthy things to do in terms of interacting with this online community, and is surely going to negatively impact you. You're basically looking at some of the worst aspects of the community, and just distractedly listening to it while driving. I sure hope you had some text filters to avoid hearing slurs aloud that appear as quotes in ban messages or from text in general, cause that sounds like it would nightmarish to listen to.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lack of harshness in bans related to racism/bigotry - by kyle2143 - 07-28-2021, 10:48 AM