Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Nullification Genes are not compatible with one another
I mean I did say confront sec, not confront a sec off, this isnt me like, plotting against you, this is just not me communicating greatly. Like I guess sure I could use a gun, but like, is that good design? The majority of ranged weapons can be situationally hard countered by something thats just dependent heavily on 2 people. Like, if we're designing it to where, oh actually energy weapons can just randomly be useless lol, I dont think thats good design. Like, hard counters can work, see sunglasses and flashes, but like those are consistent, you can reasonably know who has them and plan flash usage accordingly. If someone has thermal resistance or not mostly just relies on if someone is doing something. idk if like, lasers need to have this downside of, actually rng says fuck you theyre now useless in this scenario, why?? Like, idk should we just replace the laser rifle that predator gets (which keep in mind is the primary weapon of that antag) just because we want to design this game around things suddenly becoming useless. Like, that doesnt sit right with me.

To me if lasers needed a hard counter, why not make laser damage tied to the stat of fire resistance, that way people can reliably get fire resistance, and its something that you actively consider when using fire weaponry. Thermal resistance is rarely in play in a round, so you cant really account for it, but if its tied for fire resistance, you can always expect that there'd be some people trying to counterplay you. (Note I dont think tying it to fire resistance would really be good, it doesnt seem like itd add anything to the game.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nullification Genes are not compatible with one another - by Ikea - 07-26-2021, 03:21 PM