Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A use for Toxins?
Currently Toxins is a training grounds for setting up a burn chamber and building bombs. Very rarely is someone in Toxins burning something because they are learning atmospherics, its mostly someone doing it because they want to build a bomb, and they want to detonate it, or to have someone else detonate it. I think that this could be a good thing, and it could be made better.

My suggestion. Cog1 has a layout that gave me an idea, Toxins is right next to Artifact Research, and the test chamber right next to that. I suggest extending the test chamber and making it into an actual defacto detonation site, maybe with some even better reinforced floors, or just like, a geode style asteroid that the station dragged in.

Toxins and Artifact research could work together. Currently Artifacts are found, scanned, and then either pocketed, ignored, or sold via cargo for paltry amounts of cash. I suggest we blow them up. If you come across an overabundance of artifacts and no reason to keep five borgers, you can blow some up. Come across some dangerous artifacts? Blow them up. Each artifact should have explosion resistance, and you need to destroy the artifact with a specific amount of damage, otherwise you simply destroy them.

Destroying artifacts in this manner should give rare materials that are either unobtainable otherwise, or very hard to attain. We could even put in new materials that these artifacts are made of.

Suggestions for their use.

Material Science could have some new stuff, or a new method of obtaining some of the hard to create MatSci items.
Something to use to assist Engineering. Examples include a super dense matter that can be fed to a singularity to increase its output. A volatile material that can be place into a TEG burn chamber to assist in hellburning.
Chemistry being able to gain access to otherwise unobtainable chems, or new chems.
Other possible suggestions?

In the end, I think it would just be nice to have a reason to actually have something going on in toxins, and not immediately having security starting to sweat at the mere mention of "Security, Toxins is currently setup."

Messages In This Thread
A use for Toxins? - by RGBDeadSilent - 07-16-2021, 12:40 AM
RE: A use for Toxins? - by GORE - 07-16-2021, 01:09 AM
RE: A use for Toxins? - by unfunnyperson - 07-16-2021, 05:37 AM
RE: A use for Toxins? - by kyle2143 - 07-16-2021, 05:47 AM
RE: A use for Toxins? - by KikiMofo - 07-16-2021, 07:29 AM
RE: A use for Toxins? - by Deathslayer448 - 07-16-2021, 12:10 PM
RE: A use for Toxins? - by zjdtmkhzt - 07-16-2021, 12:42 PM
RE: A use for Toxins? - by RGBDeadSilent - 07-16-2021, 01:03 PM
RE: A use for Toxins? - by Froggit_Dogget - 07-16-2021, 12:51 PM
RE: A use for Toxins? - by Ikea - 07-16-2021, 01:15 PM
RE: A use for Toxins? - by Frank_Stein - 07-16-2021, 01:41 PM