Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
disagreements about some recent balance changes
Froggit_Dogget pretty much nailed my feelings on this subject so I wont go too in depth with these things. Removing content would be fine if we got other toys to play with. I mean we do have a lot of ranch content but I am not a big fan of animal abuse and it seems like it is the only way to get anything done before 50 minutes.

I am not complaining about Emily's in general either, I think she is doing a great job overall with tons of experience on these things. There is one other admin I disagree with almost everything and had no positive experiences so far, but I wont talk about it here.

(07-19-2021, 03:27 AM)TDHooligan Wrote: erebite removal:
it's slow but it is also a literally effortless source of erebite that only gets faster and gains more yield later into the round, compared to mining which requires actual effort

Erebite could not be abused without a lot of effort put into it. I had the pleasure to use good erebite plant only once, and that was achievable only after 60 minutes of nonstop splicing and infusions, and waiting for the rock plant to turn into erebite in the first place (which was a 5% chance on plant). It was an extremely niche gimmick which was used only once, and I doubt anyone would risk doing it again because it really took an hour to make, and shuttle usually gets called around 40-50 minutes. It was fun to use, though, and I really can't see how something which requires such a long set up could be threatening the game enough that you would have to remove it. Getting all the strains spliced and infused takes a very good understanding of botany game mechanics that you could say that it was borderline secret plant. But alas, now there are no strange seeds worth investigating... except Plasma plant with immortal is quite fun still.

(07-19-2021, 03:27 AM)TDHooligan Wrote: light lotus having luminol
omnizine is a powerful chemical (which is why it has no recipe) and you can easily get a light lotus in 30 seconds of roundstart. be it through one of your botanists' two job reward seeds or one of the set debris spawns. while luminol is useless it's better than having omnizine on tap every round
The point of this thread is that we are disagreeing with the approach of these changes. I totally understand why people wanted to nerf godnuts, because they were quite easy to make, requiring only basic Botany knowledge. However, lotus is now utterly useless, and I believe there are many other options to balance lotus, such as changing its GN from 0 to 20-30, giving it terrible gene strains such as seedless/terminator or replacing omnizine with another healing chem like, idk, Epinephrine. But for now, there is no point in growing any of the strange seeds because they are all honestly quite bad.

Also as additional bitching I also find it very odd that Police Baton traitor item was removed. I never ever saw it being "abused", and I only heard it was removed because one admin had bad time against it in one shift. It is just another example of how things get removed for seemingly no reason.

Messages In This Thread
RE: disagreements about some recent balance changes - by Vocalpocal - 07-19-2021, 04:10 AM