Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
disagreements about some recent balance changes
(07-15-2021, 03:10 PM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote: Im not saying this change in particular needs to be reverted, but when engineering has had a major change, with lots of flaws after, and those don't get fixed, and its been.. 4? 5? months?.. thats not good.

Okay this comment pisses me the fuck off. The amount of experimentation and trying new things recently is insane. Not only that, but the crystals themselves just underwent a massive buff with a lot of QoL. Engineering previously was pretty damn boring, want to know how to get a pretty damn nice hellburn that can instagib people? Literally just set the computer to 66/33, open up the combustion chamber, and pop holes under canisters. All the while the rest of the station succumbs to hellfire. Thats it, im sorry but thats a boring as hell way to get millions of credits reliably. You want to know what happened yesterday, someone got over a pw of power. They made over a million total. Guess what, they didnt even fucking use the crystals. I could write paragraphs describing the various pipeburns techiques that allow you to perform these feats but to keep it short, theres a lot. 

Not only fucking that, but as someone who plays a fair bit of engineering, the amount of love engineering has got recently is insane. Singulo size change, red oxygen grenades which are such a fucking godsend for repairs, or hell, back to the teg, blowers are such an amazing qol if you want to focus on repairs and not babysit a charburn for your whole shift. So uhh yeah this is rambly and pretty aggressive but this just annoys me, especially after I and many others have spent many many hours coding new features.

I like this take of “botany nerfs but chem????”, especially considering the fact that chem has gone through massive nerfs. I also like the often sister take of “acid got nerfed bad!!!” While acid was easily one of the strongest tools chem had, being able to kill people by tossing at most 4 pitchers at them and at least 2. It just seems odd to complain about chem not getting nerfed (which it has a lot, nitro and aerosol were two massive changes for example) and not only that but also complain about nerfs to chem.

Messages In This Thread
RE: disagreements about some recent balance changes - by Ikea - 07-16-2021, 06:43 AM