Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
disagreements about some recent balance changes
Heart 
this was a long discord message that efrem told me to post on forums because discord is not the place for thoughts structured into 1 long message. it has bads and goods.

heres my complaints:

- meth isnt spliceable with food now cause ipecac makes you puke (and also its gn16 instead of gn3). "shrug" says tonedeaf anonymous 1.
[Image: unknown.png]

- quivering contusine's curare (a very deadly poison) got replaced by a pretty much inert chem that gets countered by the other chem in the same plant. "but histamine can be useful to **extract!**
- tonedeaf anonymous 1, oblivious to the existance of histamine in omega weed.

someone sent a PR to replace it with sulfonal (still weaker than curare) but...
- tonedeaf anonymous 2, same one that made the histamine change in the first place, refusing to elaborate further.

same anonymous talking about extracting and isolating the hsays "if you wanted chems just go play scientist". wha- what is the point of nerfing botany then, just remove all chems from botany if you want it to be that way

- poll your changes before they go through please.
** trigger warning, admins get aggressive when called out on this one **
ask players and other admins if these changes are ok to make, yes you do need our input to push changes, you're making the game for the players, not yourselves. --
please stop kneejerking changes because you thought "oh this seems broken" without even putting it in context. botany is a VERY time gated role, most of the even slightly strong shit we have takes MANY many minutes to make and is easily interruptable by -- a secoff walking in, a miner breaking a window, another botanist hotboxing, a rev breaking in, nuclear weapon being deployed, vampires, lings, wizards, bombs. Compare this to chemistry which can do what we do in 30 minutes, but in 1 click macros from a notepad.

- watermelon juice
"but lettuce still has water"
lettuce is gn12 i believe, requires a bunch of mutagen (or generations of the plant if you do it in a tray) and THEN try and splice it with your gn17 tomato.
again, more botany timegating, this is very tight to do in nukie rounds for experienced botanists, and impossible for the regular playerbase.

- erebite being removed from botany.
this was a plant with an extremely low growth rate that took 15 minutes to get the **first** harvest from, and now we get uqill in the same amount of time IF WE RUSH IT. which mining can do 9 times faster.

- acid and wizards
wizards show up to places, stomp and leave, acid taking time to melt their hats just gives them even more time to react/escape/put on a new hat and continue stomping.

- win condition rounds
rounds that end after x thing happens. this forces most players to drop whatever they wanted to do because either they need to stop the bad thing from happening or they know they wont have enough time to do their fun gimmick because the round will end in 10 minutes. i believe having uncertainty to when a round will end gives you actual room to work instead of being pressured into changing activity because what you're doing is just not gonna work in your little timespan.

- light lotus having luminol
Banging head against the wall chem that REQUIRES to be extracted or smoked to work in an **edible plant**
not even the detective uses luminol...

and heres what i agree about the recent changes:

- crusher not being instant
you can rescue people if they're getting crushered right beside you if you're lightning fast to get them out

- light lotus not having omnizine
while i disagree with the choice of new chemical, omnizine being gated to white weed only makes it take at least 9 minutes to acquire, which is actually fair considering how strong omnizine is. (this makes long botany healing splices take about 6 minutes longer than usual, totaling about 25 at the fastest)

tl;dr
pls dont just make grudge-changes because one player in one shift did a gimmick after it had already happened 3 years ago and then say "this had it coming from a while ago", then go "not my problem" when requested to elaborate further. please? thanks. butt sop babys butt

Messages In This Thread
disagreements about some recent balance changes - by millichips - 07-15-2021, 02:18 PM