Poll: Do you like the atmos changes?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yea atmos changes are good.
38.46%
10 38.46%
No. They Aren’t.
61.54%
16 61.54%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How do you guys feel about the atmos “rework”?
(07-06-2021, 01:17 PM)Azrun Wrote: this is gonna be good

Title got me excited... 

A big driving factor for these changes was it was pretty easy to accidently melt the station. I found the conditions to hellburn infinitely faster just trying to start the chamber as fast as possible.... This can then lead to an early shuttle to the detriment of the round. wordjo

Sorry I'm going to come in and ask questions again.
What do you want that extra power for? What are you missing out on? Should there just be an antagonist items to help unlock this behavior?  Do you want the extra power? Extra temperature?

One of these days I gotta sit down and see how I feel about those blower shenanigans.

I've heard there have been some pretty productive pipe burns recently.

I'll go top to bottom.

Yeah, it was pretty easy to melt the station. I remember one shift in medical just working along and all of a sudden Robotics starts catching on fire, we're wondering whats going on? Suddenly, operating theater is on fire... Oh shit time to get a firesuit. All of medical is on fire, shuttle is called, everyone is dead at escape due to heat exposure, its REAL bad, crazy but also awesome at the same time. Now you literally cannot see this behavior anymore. As far as shuttle being called to the detriment of the round, you can also do that with the Singularity. You can either just sabotage it early on, or some new engineer accidentally turns off the shields.

Extra power has only a few purposes. First is antagonist behavior. One, you want to get power high enough to hotwire the station, folks will started hurting themselves through APCs and through door damage, and then eventually gibbing. Two, Power gloves have zero use, higher power means power gloves have a higher purpose. Three, bragging rights among Chief Engineers. Theres only so many departments where you could really set a high score. QM can make the most cash without a star stone, Science can complete Sol, the chapel can get a cult going. Engineering makes power. Get that 1million credits objective with the PTL, hit exawatts and bask in the glory of the TEG. Just stuff.

Lastly, four which gets its own thing, bombs. Right now you can still TTV pretty good, thats all well and fine, but you really can't reach Canister bomb temperatures anymore. I'm glad i've done my shenanigans with science and blown up the station with Canister bombs a handful of times, because I really don't think you can do it anymore now..

Blower Shenanigans? You mean the blowers sucking up all the power to the TEG?

Yeah, I saw a crazy good pipe burn recently, but it was so beyond what I normally see I thought it was admin shenanigans, dunno.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you guys feel about the atmos “rework”? - by RGBDeadSilent - 07-06-2021, 01:33 PM