Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
/!\ Swamp sprites needed /!\
Xenonia Wrote:[Image: C9rqCdp.png]

Oops forgot image
Some pointers,
Your using 1 colored pixel for everything. Pure red for eyes, pure green for skin. Mix it up, the sprite for the human face has about 8 different colors in it alone. Consider the following when coloring and shading, using my swamp predator as an example:
[Image: Mn1NeeI.png]
1. What's the texture of the object? Mine is rough/scaly so I put a hue gitter on my brush setting so that the colors shift out everytime I brush. If it's shiny, then I wouldn't use that, and instead would try out white brush with opacity turned down so I get the desired effect. That and using a gradient also is the shit. Concerning yours, yours looks slightly zombish/slimy, so I'd recommend dulling parts of the body, while brightening others.
2.Where's the light coming from? Concerning mine, the hind-legs of my creature is darkened, but also the underbelly. Seen as yours is missing hindlegs, shading the under belly would work, but also brighten other parts.
3.What do I detail? This ones a bit of a tricky one, you'll need some inspiration. My monster took some inspiration from a bulldog, which is why the front stance is like the way it is (it also has a stubby tail), but I also because its swampy i added gills, and if you notice it's maw has green lips that extend back a bit. Because it's eye retracts, I decided to highlight the stem so it looks different from the other flesh. And not all of its teeth are white, they get progressively darker as you move down.

Here's an example of how I shaded the front of yours. I also tweaked with it a bit too. I noticed your dude is quite small.
[Image: yeqbLIp.png]

Messages In This Thread