Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
[CLOSED PR] Makes it possible to resist out of straightjackets
I guess I'll throw in my 2c of anecdotal experience here too, which can be taken for precisely however much 2c is worth when talking balance changes:
Jackets in my experience have only ever been used on me specifically for weird inescapable torture rp that I couldn't even suicide + DNR out of because I'd be SR'd or cloned right away. Also precisely for what some people have mentioned here, jacketing people and then forgetting about them in medbay ward rooms. All round.

I'm not married to this PR either way. I'd like to see these things changed at least in some manner just because my read from discussing in Discord and from general best practice when restraining people as a matter of Security has been that an inescapable situation is probably Not Awesome; I can't recall if I ever used or saw it used legitimately on problem people so that wasn't on my mind when making and I'm glad people could bring it up here. I did this mostly following kind of the guidance from changes to other restraint methods like the zipties on bots and stuff.

I definitely don't have the knowledge to convert the PR to something more workable; I had to annoy Aloe more than what they're worth for help all the way through (sorry!), so I'd rather leave this + the particulars of what the right spot of balance is in the hands of Devs who are going to be more knowledgable than I about legitimate use cases when detaining griefers while waiting for admin intervention since...they're the ones seeing and responding to those use-cases!

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Makes it possible to resist out of straightjackets - by nefarious6th - 06-09-2021, 10:45 PM