Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Robotics Gets An Update
(06-05-2021, 05:17 PM)Cal Wrote: I don't want mechs. I already hate dealing with people in tanks on oshan.
While I do agree that a mech could be a potential problem to deal with, as seen with the submarines people love to run people over with, there can be ways to make this problem easier to deal with. 

Firstly, they would have an obvious source that can be taken care of by security if a someone in a mech is having too much fun. Just like with genetics if you saw someone with a mech you'd instantly know it was robotics as getting one from anywhere else would be either impossible or difficult.

Unlike with the submarines on manta or oshan where all it takes is going to a podbay, sitting in one and driving off, this would immediately make them harder to obtain as a roboticist would require putting a decent amount of time and resources into this device. Most players would immediately not bother giving a random staffie a mechsuit just from the fact they'd immediately get blamed.

There can also be changes done to mechs that make them weaker to mechs on other stations but more versatile! Maybe they're weak to electricity just like a borg is weak to flashes or something of the sort to make them easier to deal with.

I definitely do agree that from the ideas the mechs was probably the weakest, and already something on other stations. A lot of people from who I asked did seem to like the idea of them though, so I included it!

(06-05-2021, 06:59 PM)CommaIndividual Wrote: I'd say yes to most of these, except maybe mechs.  I definitely like the idea of nanites though, other servers have em and in my opinion, they seem sick.  Mechs though, if they were to be in goon would need some heavy changes/differences compared to other servers.

Also true. Nanites have a lot of potential other than just being a secret chem weaker than an artifact. There really is a lot there to explore if not just by having an excuse to give people more fun stuff to do!

In regards to mechs, I 100% agree. They're already quite a big part of other servers and adding them now would seem a little... strange? Although maybe if they were treated less like a vehicle, like with other servers, and more like some sort of exo-suit instead then that could allow for some difference there? You'd have to think quite a bit about that if you wanted to make them unique to goon, honestly.

I'm a personal fan of the upgrades to cybernetic augmentations which could really serve as a way to make people appear like actual cyborgs rather than simply a person with robotic limbs. There's a lot of potential there and, as far as I'm aware, doesn't seem to be a common thing on other servers. Not only that, but it also makes genetics and robotics able to compete with each other in some way which feels awesome! It's like a war between flesh and machine, except just a friendly competition.

Messages In This Thread
Robotics Gets An Update - by childd - 06-05-2021, 02:48 PM
RE: Robotics Gets An Update - by Froggit_Dogget - 06-05-2021, 04:56 PM
RE: Robotics Gets An Update - by Cal - 06-05-2021, 05:17 PM
RE: Robotics Gets An Update - by childd - 06-06-2021, 03:22 AM
RE: Robotics Gets An Update - by CommaIndividual - 06-05-2021, 06:59 PM
RE: Robotics Gets An Update - by Rilor - 06-05-2021, 07:12 PM
RE: Robotics Gets An Update - by Rilor - 06-06-2021, 07:53 AM
RE: Robotics Gets An Update - by Cal - 06-06-2021, 08:56 AM
RE: Robotics Gets An Update - by Technature - 06-06-2021, 09:15 AM
RE: Robotics Gets An Update - by KikiMofo - 06-06-2021, 09:43 AM
RE: Robotics Gets An Update - by Varali - 06-06-2021, 11:29 AM