Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Iguana Fortress Thread
Okay, so... don't really know how to start this, so let's just dive in! This is going to be the thread where I post each yearly update for the Iguana Fortress. (For reference, a name thing has been going around in the Discord, the person behind it is doing a Rimworld colony called Iguana Town, so this is my take on it in Dwarf Fortress, hence the name: Iguana Fortress.) So the game is mildly different than plain Dwarf Fortress. For starters, the dorfs (dwarves) were modified to become much more lizard-like, and I won't get into all the changes, but it's a fair bit different. Also, in case anyone cares, I will be playing on ASCII with the "Lazy Newb" pack installed. This just lets me customize stuff a bit more, to make the Iguana People more Iguana-ish and also rename a cow to Cal, because if I can't do that, then what's this all been about?

The characters in it are all going to be based off of people in the discord/forum/however you'd like to contact me. (NOTE: I still need more people, as the number of Iguanas is rapidly increasing! If you're interested in being a character just send me a message with the character's name, and anything you want to tell me about them. It can be incredibly short, just their name and a job for them, or it can be a full character description! Have some fun with it.) 

Okay, so on to the important part. Every in-game year I will post in this thread about what happened. If you're curious what it's going to look like, it will be in a similar style to Boatmurdered (https://lparchive.org/Dwarf-Fortress-Boatmurdered/) but I will be playing each year. 

Feel free to give suggestions, ideas, and anything else! Year one will be coming very soon, so you can either subscribe, or by special request I will ping you 200 times every update. Don't test me.

Edit: No whining about ASCII. ASCII is the most beautiful thing to ever exist.

Messages In This Thread
Official Iguana Fortress Thread - by AmazingDragons - 05-31-2021, 09:45 AM
RE: Official Iguana Fortress Thread - by Rlocks - 05-31-2021, 10:22 AM
RE: Official Iguana Fortress Thread - by Redbonky - 06-01-2021, 07:47 AM
RE: Official Iguana Fortress Thread - by Rlocks - 06-01-2021, 07:49 AM
RE: Official Iguana Fortress Thread - by Redbonky - 06-01-2021, 08:08 AM
RE: Official Iguana Fortress Thread - by ZeWaka - 06-01-2021, 10:17 AM
RE: Official Iguana Fortress Thread - by Rlocks - 06-02-2021, 12:08 PM
RE: Official Iguana Fortress Thread - by GuiHppn - 06-02-2021, 03:57 PM
RE: Official Iguana Fortress Thread - by Rlocks - 06-08-2021, 01:55 PM