Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
the monkey discussion
Today we will talk about monkeys and if crewmember are allowed to immediately attack, rip, and kill them without remorse. I have been ahelped by admins for my continuous rampages on monkeys in the hallways and sometimes....worse. I believe this conversation i had with one holds most of the arguments. The context is me saying questioning if I can radio monkeys being evil gremlins and if its "racist" because SOMEONE brought that up...

-HELP: You: is saying monkeys are demon spawns of hell indicating race?
You feel a bit thirsty!
-HELP: You: ism
-Admin PM from SimianC
No, but weren't you spoke to earlier today about this weird monkey bloodlust?
< Click to Reply >
Reply PM to-SimianC: i didnt kill any monkeys afterwards, just radioed how muhc i wanted to
-Admin PM from SimianC
Yeah I realize, it's still off-putting. Play a believable character and not a psychopath that wants to harm animals please
< Click to Reply >
-Reply PM to-SimianC: i dont understand, i thoght i could play an bloodcurling phsycho if i dont actually hurt anyone
-Admin PM from SimianC
Ripped from the rules: Play as a coherent, believable character that you enjoy portraying. Real life realism is not required, and you are allowed to be silly within the context of the SS13 game world. (Clowns, farting on people, people spontaneously combusting and exploding are all non-serious things but yet a vital part of the game world.) At the end of the day, it is very likely your character wants their employment with Nanotrasen to continue. As such, they should act like it. Playing as a violent or otherwise psychologically unstable character is not a valid reason to cause harm to others or damage to the station unless you are an antagonist. Only minor criminal activity is permitted.
< Click to Reply >
-Reply PM to-SimianC: monkey kiling sure does seem like a staple of the ss13 game world, and it does seem like a minor crime. Is the problem that im not productive of a staffie anough, am i to focues on this monkey bussiness that i, the staffie, is not working hard anough and helping the station? OK fine thank you for showing me the way by saying a staffie wants to ensure his employment with NT stands and he doesnt wanna kill monkeys becuase whe wants his job so much. PLease dont ban me for this though ill definitly stop if it means bussiness
[end]

NOW, is this rules-lawyering....probably, wil this have consequences on my reputation as a constantly banned player who should leave.....probably, did i leave out the fact that i somtimes killed entire vendors full of monkeys in genetics and the kitchen.....there might be a point, will i regret making this post.....yes. BUTT, there's a chance I might be able to kill monkeys or atleast play as a monkey hating psycho in a server that doesnt blow up 30 minutes in (why im asking for RP and not Classic) without fear of being kicked..again, if i throw this discussion out. Do you think its acceptable to kill monkeys or condone crazy monkey killers in RP?

Messages In This Thread
the monkey discussion - by Aligote - 05-12-2021, 07:26 PM
RE: the monkey discussion - by Mordent - 05-12-2021, 08:12 PM
RE: the monkey discussion - by babayetu83 - 05-12-2021, 10:53 PM
RE: the monkey discussion - by TheRealFlapJackson - 05-13-2021, 04:41 AM
RE: the monkey discussion - by Cal - 05-13-2021, 07:33 AM
RE: the monkey discussion - by Brixx79 - 05-13-2021, 08:46 AM
RE: the monkey discussion - by Oremir - 05-13-2021, 09:35 AM
RE: the monkey discussion - by getbrecked - 05-13-2021, 10:26 AM
RE: the monkey discussion - by Aligote - 05-13-2021, 11:43 AM
RE: the monkey discussion - by Ion Mage - 05-13-2021, 12:28 PM
RE: the monkey discussion - by NapsWasTaken - 05-14-2021, 11:38 PM