Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[MERGED PR] Adds Captains Space Helmet, Makes the Captain's Hat and Gas Mask No Lo...
Thumbs Up 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[BALANCE] [INPUT WANTED]

About the PR

Adds in the captain's space helmet, meant to match up with the captain's space suit. It spawns in the captain's locker. (to make it more -Exclusive- to the cap) It also comes in blue with the medal reward and has a red version for admins to spawn, just like all the other cap stuff.

This PR also makes the captain's hat and regular gas masks no longer count as spacewear, so you no longer get 100% space immunity from wearing one of those + a spacesuit of some sort.

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: unknown.png]

Why's this needed?

It always bugged me that the captain's spacesuit didn't have a helmet to go with it, I think the full suit look is Cool and Good, and having a full set really completes the suit. Literally I guess.

As for the hat and mask, if you look closely at either of them you'll notice that they don't protect your head from the frosty void of space much at all! Aside from not *looking* like spacewear, they also didn't communicate that they were spacewear well at all: the gas mask description says it'd only give you 7% cold immunity (I think that's a pretty fair number) but if you paired it with a suit, it'd count it as a full set and jump that number up to 100% instantly. Very strange behavior for items not indicated to be spacewear that also don't visibly seal your head in and insulate you at all.

Also they're both fairly fashionable pieces of apparel, and the mask in particular lets you maintain a lot of your aesthetic by letting you wear some fancy hat item. I think this is actually very silly; spacesuits being hazardous gear and looking big and clunky is part of their whole aesthetic, and I feel like if the knowledge was more widespread, people wouldn't tend to wear space helmets at all as they're less fashionable and less optimal than gas masks or the cap hat. Plus to reiterate, them being spaceproof is aesthetically inconsistent imo and that's not as good as having it make sense in this case imo. Functionality doesn't match what the thing is in this case, this fixes that.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Flaborized
(*)Added the captain's space helmet to their locker. Captain's hats and gas masks no longer count as space helmets.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS

Messages In This Thread
[MERGED PR] Adds Captains Space Helmet, Makes the Captain's Hat and Gas Mask No Lo... - by github_bot - 05-06-2021, 03:32 PM